Turn on thread page Beta

No leadership and no responsibility? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have no evidence of leadership or responsibility in my application. Will I get rejected just for this?

ReputationRep:
    Ideally it would be nice to include both. Nobody on this forum can predict whether or not you will be rejected because of not having either. That depends on each medical school, your grades, predictions, rest of your PS etc

Think about all your previous experiences...you must have been responsible for something in your life? your studies, time management, pet, siblings, organizing work experience, prefect?

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure you can't think of anything? Some universities have in their prospectus that they look for evidence of these two qualities so it would be good to mention them but I don't know if it'll be the end of the world if you don't. Were you a prefect or anything like that? Looked after younger kids at school?

ReputationRep:
    I initially thought this was a thread about Labour. Nevermind.

ReputationRep:
    None at all? Surely you will have done something responsible over the last few years - it doesn't have to be that you single-handedly organised prom. Stop doubting yourself!

ReputationRep:
    do you actually have to write "i showed responsibility because i did x". or can you write that "i did x which shows something other than responsibility" like leadership for example but it because ive done such an activity, implies responsibility? hope you understand!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 28, 2011

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.