Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Is the work still ongoing?

Looked horrible when I visited in the year but lovely pictures I've seen of what it SHOULD look like

ReputationRep:
    Think topside was finished when i was there a couple weeks back but they're still working on the underpass. Just seems like they've moved all the construction work up to Bowland. Been at least 1 construction site on campus since i started there :P

ReputationRep:
    When I left for summer the top was finished They were still working on the underpass though - building work at Lancaster always takes about 6-12 months longer than stated!

ReputationRep:
    The bloody underpass work has been going on over a year, takes the piss. That's 1/3 of my uni life ruined for the benefit of future students.

ReputationRep:
    It should all be finished by now. However, I doubt it. The underpass was open from the top, but not actually properly opened the thing, it did look close though.

ReputationRep:
    Was there the other day. Didn't walk through it however from the entrance of the underpass at Alexandra Square it was open with no sort of barriers blocking it, so I would presume it may be open. Saying this however, the bus I got still stopped at the Chaplaincy centre.

ReputationRep:
    Construction moved up to Bowland how exactly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edindzeko)
    Construction moved up to Bowland how exactly?
    Not Bowland exactly, just that area. They're doing it all up, not sure exactly what they're doing though. Might be finished when we get back

ReputationRep:
    I went there a month or 2 ago on some late open day for a tour

and the whole area which is bowland had scaffolding and loud construction work all over it lol

my dad was like "yeah screw Bowland, definitely not going there" which was also partly because the tour guide told us they have like 12 ppl sharing a kitchen/shower in bowland

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheep)

and the whole area which is bowland had scaffolding and loud construction work all over it lol

my dad was like "yeah screw Bowland, definitely not going there" which was also partly because the tour guide told us they have like 12 ppl sharing a kitchen/shower in bowland
    Bowland's not that bad haha. It just gets a lot of slack, but I know people who grew to love the atmosphere of Bowland despite not wanting to share .

They're redoing a lot of Bowland accommodation. Furness was the same. You actually couldn't walk into Furness ghetto because they were redoing the entire place. It should all be finished by now considering move in day is this weekend.

ReputationRep:
    The Square is finished, but when it rains heavily there are some drainage issues - so small parts of it may be closed off from time to time.

They have experienced major setbacks with the Underpass, as supposedly it's not safe anymore (maybe it never was). It's much bigger job now. An email today suggested Easter was the new target

Buses still stop at the Chaplaincy.

ReputationRep:
    I was there last week, couldn't see any work on Alexandra square. There were roadworks on the underpass and a little near the roundabout, there were also a few broken. Paving slabs being replaced when I was there, hopefully it should be sparkly new for us freshers by the time we get there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheep)

I'm in bowland and there's 4 to a flat. Less of the bowland bashing! Just caus' your jealous of our cheap cheap accommodation prices ;D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom.cage)
    The Square is finished, but when it rains heavily there are some drainage issues - so small parts of it may be closed off from time to time.

They have experienced major setbacks with the Underpass, as supposedly it's not safe anymore (maybe it never was). It's much bigger job now. An email today suggested Easter was the new target

Buses still stop at the Chaplaincy.
    Rumour has it they removed the main support beam when they put the massive holes in Alex Square and the whole thing was in danger of collapsing in on itself, that might be what the problem is.

ReputationRep:
    The top is done, the underpass is not.

haha, I remember when it used to rain and people'd slip on the glass floor strips... daft idea :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adenbeckitt)
    The top is done, the underpass is not.

haha, I remember when it used to rain and people'd slip on the glass floor strips... daft idea :P
    They are pretty dangerous. I've been one of those people - slipping but thankfully not actually falling over lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by affinity89)
    They are pretty dangerous. I've been one of those people - slipping but thankfully not actually falling over lol.
    Same, came so close to ending up on the floor but didn't quite.

ReputationRep:
    Glad you guys dodged the bullet, I've had a few friends go flat on their arse... thankfully not me though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom.cage)
    This is disastrous. I want the old bus route back!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not reading the whole tread, mega cba.

Yes it's finished.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.