The Student Room Group

AS AQA Physics

Hey guys, I just started my AQA physics course approximately 1~2 weeks. I think my teacher is seriously moving too slow ! Do you guys have any good source of revision and to self study and also practical notes? His teaching is seriously bull ! He doesn't go straight to the point , he likes to talk a lot of crap --
Other classes are already far ahead of us , and we're like static --
Need help seriously
Original post by AnApple

Original post by AnApple
Hey guys, I just started my AQA physics course approximately 1~2 weeks. I think my teacher is seriously moving too slow ! Do you guys have any good source of revision and to self study and also practical notes? His teaching is seriously bull ! He doesn't go straight to the point , he likes to talk a lot of crap --
Other classes are already far ahead of us , and we're like static --
Need help seriously

Do all the exam questions in the textbook and then all the past papers (go through these several times if necessary). Don't worry about lessons, when I did physics I never felt that I actually learnt anything from them. :colonhash:
hi apple, i did AQA AS physics last year, you need to get the Nelson Thornes text book (proper AQA one). it is invaluable. covers the spec, has practice questions, and is simple enough to work through it yourself. that's what i did last year and i was four marks off an A, highest mark in the class. ok, the book isn't perfect, it could do with more explanation of how they get the answers to the test questions, for example. but i wouldnt have been without it, and im now using the A2 version as my bible

also, have a go on the AQA website, there's past papers and answer schemes on there, so you can see what questions pop up, and what, specifically, they are looking for in an answer. good practice with he essay question as well.
Reply 3
Original post by HeatherJarvo
hi apple, i did AQA AS physics last year, you need to get the Nelson Thornes text book (proper AQA one)..

this is the one i am currently using

how slow is he going, we are currently finishing quarks
where are you up to

Quick Reply

Latest