AS AQA Physics Watch

AnApple
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hey guys, I just started my AQA physics course approximately 1~2 weeks. I think my teacher is seriously moving too slow ! Do you guys have any good source of revision and to self study and also practical notes? His teaching is seriously bull ! He doesn't go straight to the point , he likes to talk a lot of crap --
Other classes are already far ahead of us , and we're like static --
Need help seriously
jameswhughes
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by AnApple)
Hey guys, I just started my AQA physics course approximately 1~2 weeks. I think my teacher is seriously moving too slow ! Do you guys have any good source of revision and to self study and also practical notes? His teaching is seriously bull ! He doesn't go straight to the point , he likes to talk a lot of crap --
Other classes are already far ahead of us , and we're like static --
Need help seriously
Do all the exam questions in the textbook and then all the past papers (go through these several times if necessary). Don't worry about lessons, when I did physics I never felt that I actually learnt anything from them.
HeatherJarvo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
hi apple, i did AQA AS physics last year, you need to get the Nelson Thornes text book (proper AQA one). it is invaluable. covers the spec, has practice questions, and is simple enough to work through it yourself. that's what i did last year and i was four marks off an A, highest mark in the class. ok, the book isn't perfect, it could do with more explanation of how they get the answers to the test questions, for example. but i wouldnt have been without it, and im now using the A2 version as my bible

also, have a go on the AQA website, there's past papers and answer schemes on there, so you can see what questions pop up, and what, specifically, they are looking for in an answer. good practice with he essay question as well.
AmyEng
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by HeatherJarvo)
hi apple, i did AQA AS physics last year, you need to get the Nelson Thornes text book (proper AQA one)..
this is the one i am currently using

how slow is he going, we are currently finishing quarks
where are you up to
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (392)
79.67%
Leave (100)
20.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise