Turn on thread page Beta

Struggling with friends watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,I'm having a bit of a problem making new friends and would really appreciate your help.
    I've moved away from where i used to live so I know nobody here at all! The people who i went to school and college with have all moved away for Uni etc anyway and the 3 or 4 people who are still there I only see once a month or so because of the move (about 160 miles drive).
    I work full time about 50hrs a week but im a community care worker and so work on my own almost all the time. I'm also doing English A Level with ICS Distance learning to fit around work.
    All of this plus the fact that I'm really quite shy is keeping me from making friends. I'm 21 and living back with my parents (my housemate turned out to be a crack addict). So,any help or advice would be great. Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    A genuine crack addict? Did you not realise before moving in?

ReputationRep:
    Amazingly yes, actual crack.
    Call me stupid but she seems so normal. She holds down a decent job,has 2 kids, owns her own house (i was lodging),own car, likes to go out clubbing on the weekend. I only realised when her relationship with her boyfriend started going badly and she started bringing the drugs into the house:eek3:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 28, 2011
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.