Turn on thread page Beta

Making calls to my family watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello all,

I am new to this, and a fresher starting out at university, I currently use Skype to contact my family and friends back home, but connection always seems to lag and it makes our calls less fluent.

I have seen other software which is a good price and means I can make calls to my friends and family if they also download this software, just wondering if there was any other ways to keep in contact with them with dont cost a lot.

the software I mentioned was called VoIPtig. Any other ideas? or recommendations of what people use.

Have a good day all
    x

ReputationRep:
    Hello~I’m also a fresher, who come from China,When I contact with my mom I usually use QQ,as almost all the Chinese students I know like it……u can have a try, don't worry.Everything will be OK><

SHERYL

ReputationRep:
    If you have Apple hardware, use FaceTime

ReputationRep:
    MSN Videocall, Googletalk, facebook video chat, etc

ReputationRep:
    If you have iPhones, and I think Android and soon BB, you can use Viber, free calls. Imagine Whatsapp for calls.

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.