Turn on thread page Beta

iphone 5 price watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    anyone want to guess for me, how much it will cost ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danbryn)
    anyone want to guess for me, how much it will cost ?
    Approximately the same as the iPhone 4, that's the best guess. Apple typically keep the price points relatively static when they refresh their product lines.

ReputationRep:
    the question should be what are the contracts gonna look like. My guess is £300 upfron cost for a £45 a month contract with 100 texts and 50 mins, 1mb of internet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hockeyjoe)
    the question should be what are the contracts gonna look like. My guess is £300 upfron cost for a £45 a month contract with 100 texts and 50 mins, 1mb of internet.
    I got my iPhone 4 on the week of release on an identical contract to the HTC Desire, the flagship Android handset at the time. iPhone contracts are rarely much higher than their counterparts upon launch, they just stay higher for longer because demand stays relatively constant, whereas Android handsets are regularly obsoleted at the hands of other manufacturers and their own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    I got my iPhone 4 on the week of release on an identical contract to the HTC Desire, the flagship Android handset at the time. iPhone contracts are rarely much higher than their counterparts upon launch, they just stay higher for longer because demand stays relatively constant, whereas Android handsets are regularly obsoleted at the hands of other manufacturers and their own.
    You got it the week it came out how much were the contracts and what did they give you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LOCI)
    You got it the week it came out how much were the contracts and what did they give you?
    £120 for the handset, £35 a month. Got 600 minutes, unlimited texts and data.

ReputationRep:
    how much will it be unlocked ? heard rumours of £599 ???

ReputationRep:
    how much will it be unlocked ? heard rumours of £599 ???
    It most likely won't be quite that high, probably gonna start at the same price point as the iPhone 4 (about £510).

ReputationRep:
    Exactly the same as the iPhone 4, all their prices stay the same.

Paid £90 up front and £35 a month for 600 minutes, unlimited text and data when I gotmy 3Gs.

Then when the 4 came out I got that for somewhere around £150, my 3Gs got stolen and they had to pay for an iPhone 4 because they'd discontinued the 16GB 3Gs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    It most likely won't be quite that high, probably gonna start at the same price point as the iPhone 4 (about £510).
    How much would u guess the 16gb will cost and the 32 gb if theres one ?

ReputationRep:
    How much would u guess the 16gb will cost and the 32 gb if theres one ?
    Check the Apple website for the current prices of the 16GB and 32GB iPhone 4. I'm guessing they will be the prices for the 16GB and 32GB iPhone 5, give or take about 5% in either direction. We've only got a couple of days to wait before we find out anyway, most likely.

EDIT: I'd put good money on there being a 64GB model too, no idea on what they'd charge for it though.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.