Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Need to post an A4 envelope today, unfortunately my Post Office shuts every Wednesday (goodness knows why, its in the middle of a busy town centre!).

On the Royal Mail website it says up to 100g is 75p, 100-200grams is £1.09 which is bloody useless to me as I need to know exactly how many stamps I should use.

If a first class stamp costs 46p, two of them would be 92p so that should be enough for a 75p charge right? Is this how it works these days? (royal mail haven't been very informative )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RJ555)
    Need to post an A4 envelope today, unfortunately my Post Office shuts every Wednesday (goodness knows why, its in the middle of a busy town centre!).

On the Royal Mail website it says up to 100g is 75p, 100-200grams is £1.09 which is bloody useless to me as I need to know exactly how many stamps I should use.

If a first class stamp costs 46p, two of them would be 92p so that should be enough for a 75p charge right? Is this how it works these days? (royal mail haven't been very informative )
    If the envelope weighs less than 100g, 2 first class stamps will be fine - you're just paying a little over the odds for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    If the envelope weighs less than 100g, 2 first class stamps will be fine - you're just paying a little over the odds for it.
    I'm used to being ripped off by the Royal Mail by now! Sent two identical weight packages containing a single DVD in the other week, one cost 95p, the other £2.70 to post, same service.

ReputationRep:
    Or just get a 1st Class Large stamp.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RJ555)
    I'm used to being ripped off by the Royal Mail by now! Sent two identical weight packages containing a single DVD in the other week, one cost 95p, the other £2.70 to post, same service.
    Confusing as I sent two items weighing 1.510 KG each and was charged (On two seperate days and two different branches) both at £7.19.

ReputationRep:
    Heck, they charged my large letter as a packet before which costed an extra £5. Despite complaining, they refused to treat it as a large letter so I asked for my letter back and went to another branch where it slotted through the plastic letter size thing they used and was charged for a large letter.

Needless to say, I never went to the first branch again.

>> Be careful that it doesn't weigh more than 100g though. Do you have scales?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.