Are you paying for your university books out of your maintainance loan/grants? Watch

miss_sexy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
or with your parents loan or previously saved money, just wondering thanks
HarveyCanis
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm paying with my maintenance loan/grant yes. My parents aren't providing me with any money and I have no savings so naturally, I can't use them.
denislaw
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
maintenance loan.
That's what it is for!
modgepodge
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Might I suggest you wait til you get to uni before buying any books, the chances are they'll be in the library and you can read them for free. Or you may be able to buy them second hand off 2nd/3rd year students. Don't rush out and buy all the books your uni suggest - these are usually written by the lecturers so of course they'll say you should buy them but 90% of the time you don't need to.
aj-star
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
ha, i don't get a grant or anything and my maintenance loan doesn't even cover my accommodation. so, without parents money, i have nothing. which i really really hate, because i have always earnt it myself but they have to help me with accommodation/books/pocket money i'll get a job there!

so, yeah, parents are paying...
The-Real-One
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by miss_sexy)
or with your parents loan or previously saved money, just wondering thanks
i don't buy any books
fibrebiz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Whatever money you pay with, if you need books and the library doesn't have them/is too busy then you have to meet the expense.
Antifazian
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Partly from my own savings and partly from my loan/grant.
essexgirllauren
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Bursary. Get 500 a year from the uni bookshop. U can only use it it in there so bought books and bf a laptop x
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever experienced bullying?

Yes (371)
74.5%
No (127)
25.5%

Watched Threads