Turn on thread page Beta

Having trouble linking my custom domain to my blogspot account watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, so I just bought a custom domain name from GoDaddy. I have free hosting on blogspot.com

I have already followed the instruction here (for a top level domain) exactly, but when I go to the actual domain I just get a message saying it doesn't exist. Can someone please help? What am I doing wrong?

The domain name is www.stylestaples.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Hard to say. It's probably a DNS problem. Have you double and triple checked everything? Even followed the GoDaddy specific steps for the CNAME? The custom domain certainly seems to be leading you to Google's domain.

I would suggest waiting for a day or two. As is often the case with custom domains and DNS, it can take 48-72 hours for the settings to kick in.

What's the original Blogspot domain?
    Yeah, i've also gone over godaddy's instructions. it's at least no longer saying that the domain doesn't exist. now i'm just getting a google 404 error so I guess it's just waiting for the DNS settings to update.

I'll try again tomorrow or something.

thanks.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.