Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    :confused::confused:what tips do you guys have for writing a personal statement for a biology course?

ReputationRep:
    why you want to study it, what bits you find particularly interesting, what have you done outside the a level curriculum to expand your knowledge of biology, any books you have read that taught you something and that you can comment on, any work experience and what you learnt, any other extra curricular stuff (summer schools, sports teams etc)

ReputationRep:
    Have a read through this for general ideas for a start ..

Then maybe look at a few example biology Personal Statements but remember that not all of them will be good, and dont copy them as there is a plagiarism check.

I'd personally start by listing all the reason you want to study it, any related work experience, maybe how your A level subjects fit in(?) before writing it out.

Although I'd wait for a PS helper to add their thoughts to be sure

ReputationRep:
    Why you want to study biology, but don't sound like a carbon copy and go, I really passionate/ I really love biology

something that stood out to you at A-levels that made you lead more towards biology, skills that you have picked up along the way from your studies

you can talk about reading be it from a text book and you found more out, or reading a science book/ ma. Alot of people go I read the new scientist and leave it at that, always good to stand out a little and add a line or two about something that stood out to you

work experience is good, and it would be anything from working in an office, on the floor of a supermarket or spending a day or 2 in the lab, talk about what you did and what you learnt

extra curricular stuff but don't spent massive amounts of space on this, it just shows that there is something else about you other than studying, like playing a sport

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.