Turn on thread page Beta

Unfortunately, white, straight, cis and male watch

ReputationRep:
    In today's society minorities enjoy a privileged status, people like me who have no minority status to trade on are now passed up for jobs for which I am far more qualified in favour of someone of minority status.

The new minority, the new discriminated against group, the new disadvantaged group is the straight, white, cis male.

This is the result of our current PC culture, where 'equality'means minorities are elevated above equality.

ReputationRep:
    Evidence?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snippetor)
    In today's society minorities enjoy a privileged status, people like me who have no minority status to trade on are now passed up for jobs for which I am far more qualified in favour of someone of minority status.

The new minority, the new discriminated against group, the new disadvantaged group is the straight, white, cis male.

This is the result of our current PC culture, where 'equality'means minorities are elevated above equality.
    110% accurate. Well done. Its nice to know we have some intelligent thinkers on here who can see though the PC facade. Remember though.......

Antiracism is a code word for antiwhte.

ReputationRep:
    Sucks to be you mr kevkevkev's dupe account.

I've had no such problems. And most of my straight white cis-male friends have done ok too.

ReputationRep:
    Don't be such an ass.

ReputationRep:

New minority? :curious: Hardly!
    You are talking about positive discrimination against minority groups,
    not discrimination against straight, white etc. people.

ReputationRep:

Or perhaps CIS means something else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kevkevkev)
    110% accurate. Well done. Its nice to know we have some intelligent thinkers on here who can see though the PC facade. Remember though.......

Antiracism is a code word for antiwhte.
    Nah, it's really not.

(Original post by xDave-)

Or perhaps CIS means something else.
    It means his gender identity and physical sex are the same.

And he's also talking bull**** about them being prejudiced against, but whatever. I doubt he or kevkevkev have any evidence to support their views.

ReputationRep:

Speak for yourself :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    What's "cis"?

ReputationRep:
    How is positive discrimination fair at all? If we are all equal, then positive discrimination shouldn't exist.

ReputationRep:
    You have no idea what you're saying. I hope you educate yourself, come back and read this in a year's time and feel ashamed of yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Aww, you poor thing. Let's Commiserate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clip)
    What's "cis"?
    In chemistry, it's the opposite of "trans" so I guess it means not being transsexual

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clumsy_Chemist)
    In chemistry, it's the opposite of "trans" so I guess it means not being transsexual
    More the opposite of transgendered. His gender identity and physical sex are aligned.

ReputationRep:
    stop whinging.

ReputationRep:
    ...and yet, straight white males still account for the overwhelming majority of managerial positions and highly paid jobs. poor you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    Sucks to be you mr kevkevkev's dupe account.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: You for real? They're probably the group of people most likely to suffer the least discrimination.

ReputationRep:
    What was that about cosx + isinx?

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.