Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, was just wondering if anybody has any advice on how to find someone who might take my room at halls in order to enable me to pull out of mine.
    Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    what uni are you at?
    why do you want to pull out?
    have you already signed a contract?

ReputationRep:
    Tell the accomodation office, they'll sort it. You might have a cancellation fee mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alison1992)
    what uni are you at?
    why do you want to pull out?
    have you already signed a contract?
    I'm at Queen's, Belfast. It's mainly just the cost and the fact that I keep being woken up.
    I haven't signed anything but we had to agree by email to the contract.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    Tell the accomodation office, they'll sort it. You might have a cancellation fee mind.
    Yeah I've signed a request to be let off the contract at the accomodation office but I was pretty much told that I need to find a replacement or I'm liable to pay for the rest of the year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avidreader)
    Yeah I've signed a request to be let off the contract at the accomodation office but I was pretty much told that I need to find a replacement or I'm liable to pay for the rest of the year
    this sounds about right, if you're not occupying them room then you are leaving them short of a years rent...i doubt you'll have trouble finding someone to move in...there are bound to be some commuters or people in other accommodation who will want to move in

have you thought about where you're going to live instead?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, you might be able to find a home student who wants to move into halls. Most people in private rents will be signed into 6 month ASTs, so they won't be able to leave at this stage. You could ask arround and see if anyone wants to move halls, if they don't like their flatmates, or want an ensuite or something.

I would put up ads around the uni with your phone number on. Don't really have any other genius suggestions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SlowlorisIncognito)
    Hmm, you might be able to find a home student who wants to move into halls. Most people in private rents will be signed into 6 month ASTs, so they won't be able to leave at this stage. You could ask arround and see if anyone wants to move halls, if they don't like their flatmates, or want an ensuite or something.

I would put up ads around the uni with your phone number on. Don't really have any other genius suggestions.
    Yeah I'm planning on asking and I'm going to put up flyers around campus- so hopefully I'll find someone. :erm: Thanks for the advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alison1992)
    this sounds about right, if you're not occupying them room then you are leaving them short of a years rent...i doubt you'll have trouble finding someone to move in...there are bound to be some commuters or people in other accommodation who will want to move in

have you thought about where you're going to live instead?
    Thanks, hopefully you're right and I'll find someone
    I'm thinking of just commuting because I only live about an hour away and it'll be way cheaper than trying to find somewhere else.

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.