Turn on thread page Beta

How to deal with this? watch

Announcements

Basically got to know a great girl at uni last term. Got to know her for a few months asfriends before we kissed each other in a nightclub. A few days after, we talked about it in which we both conffesed we liked each other more then friends but the girl needed summmer to decide what she wanted. Talked over summer a lot via phone and text. Saw her straight away when she back a few weeks ago back only for her to tell me she does not want a relationship in her final year of uni though she says she finds me attractive and more then a friend. How do I deal with this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Basically got to know a great girl at uni last term. Got to know her for a few months asfriends before we kissed each other in a nightclub. A few days after, we talked about it in which we both conffesed we liked each other more then friends but the girl needed summmer to decide what she wanted. Talked over summer a lot via phone and text. Saw her straight away when she back a few weeks ago back only for her to tell me she does not want a relationship in her final year of uni though she says she finds me attractive and more then a friend. How do I deal with this?
    The only way you can deal with it.

You move on.

It doesn't matter why a girl decides she doesn't want to be with you, fact is she is free to decide that at this point in time she doesn't want a relationship (with you or anyone else).

As excuses go concentrating on her education is an easier excuse to swallow than some others.

I'm sure you have other female mates who you might see something with, so start hanging out with them, meet other girls.

Best of luck.

You are right in telling me I should move on but we see each other quite a lot + the whole thing of her telling me she still finds me attractive is making me think there might be a glimmer of hope in the future.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 28, 2011
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.