Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I am due to go to University next year and i am in an Awkward situation, As many of you will know, it is essential that you have GCSE Maths and English at Grade C and above, i acheived GCSE English in school, but i did not take my Maths exam, I have also missed the deadline date to take GCSE Maths at college, so i am left with functional skills, i am doing this at college now, but my teacher says i am only allowed to do Level 1 this year, and that is useless because Universities( The ones that except Functional skills) require Level 2, Basically is there anyway i can do the Functional skills exam outside college?, An answer will be great, Thanks.

    Why not just take GCSE foundation mathematics (Or higher if you are feeling up for it) as an external candidate in a nearby school? The closest exam date is in November so you have plenty of time to prepare, you will probably need to pay a late registration fee though. Ring up schools around you and see if it can be arranged. Alternatively you could try to set up FS L2 as an external candidate but I know little about the qualification and I'm almost certain that schools won't offer it to anyone.

University open days

  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.