Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey im thinking of going to a boxercise class at my university sports centre, does anyone know what this will be like because iv never been to an exercise class before? Also will i look strange going on my own because i presume most people will go in groups?

ReputationRep:
    naaa dont worry about it...also group exercise classes are VERY good for motivation and you may end up making new friends there so like I said dw about being alone!

ReputationRep:
    I've got so much respect for independant chicks that go to clubs/sessions/lessons alone.

Purely because most women are such sheep and wont do anything without their *bezzies*

ReputationRep:
    Can't speak for boxercise, but I started kickboxing by myself at our uni's sports club. Everyone was very welcoming, and there were a lot of people who turned up alone at first. And 3 years later I still do it (although at a club in my hometown) and love it to pieces!

You won't look strange at all coming on your own - you'll make new friends really quickly, and people will make an effort to help you out so don't worry about not knowing what you're doing. In some respects it can even be easier because there's no worries about being at the same level as a friend or putting it off if said friend can't be bothered etc.

Go for it, and good luck.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 4, 2011
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.