Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm only 16 yet I have had these for ages now, on my upper thigh/ near my bum

It's weird because I am thin otherwise.. I thought they only came on like pregnant women!? :confused:

Anyone know how to get rid of them.. or are they permanent

ReputationRep:
    They're permanent, unfortunately, but they CAN fade.

Use Bio-Oil or Kamillosan - they're expensive but good. I've been using them on my stomach and thighs for about a month and the stretchmarks aren't as bright red as they were.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelbones)

Use Bio-Oil or Kamillosan - they're expensive but good. I've been using them on my stomach and thighs for about a month and the stretchmarks aren't as bright red as they were.
    All I can do is echo this advice but I will say Cocoa butter is also very good at helping strechmarks fade also!

ReputationRep:
    Psh I've had them since I was like 11, on my boobs and hips, you can barely see them now and I'm 21.
    They'll fade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tee ess arr)
    I'm only 16 yet I have had these for ages now, on my upper thigh/ near my bum

It's weird because I am thin otherwise.. I thought they only came on like pregnant women!? :confused:

Anyone know how to get rid of them.. or are they permanent
    lol even 'thin' women get them I also have them in the same region. Your ass is probably getting larger and your hips wider. It is nothing to worry about many women have it. It has nothing to do with being pregnant thought pregnant women do get them. Some girls have them on their breasts too.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, they will fade. just keep your skin moisturised and all should be good
    Bio Oil will work but is just really an expensive alternative to a cheaper body moisturiser.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, I have them on my thighs from having a massive growth spurt. As people have already said, Bio-Oil and Cocoa butter can help make them fade. They'll fade from purple to silvery in a couple of years, most days I barely notice them. Hope that reassures you

ReputationRep:
    i got my first stretch mark at 9 years old.

bio oil and prayers will save you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milky Milk)
    Stretch marks can appear on anyone, regardless of your size and if you're pregnant or not. You have a higher chance of getting stretch marks when you're pregnant for obvious reasons. You get stretch marks because you've grown at a faster rate than your skin can accommodate for and thus you get the lines, they probably came during your growth spurt.

I don't think they'll ever 100% go away, however you can use bio-oil or cocoa butter on the area, night and day or just in the morning if you prefer. Massage it into the area. Don't expect this to clear up in a week, stretch marks won't budge for a LONG time. After 3-6 months you may start to see a difference but I wouldn't expect a radical change until after 1 year. This process is as slow as hell, but if you've got the patience and you really want to get rid of them as much as possible then you might as well do it.

If you ever see stretch marks appearing and they're purple/pink as opposed to the white/pink ones, start massaging quick! These are newly developed marks and are a lot easier to get rid of if you start using oil/cream on them as soon as they start to appear.

You really don't have to worry, most probably nobody can see them unless they're face is a few inches away from your bum/thighs. Plus once you get out, say on a beach, you really forget all about it trust me!
    Thanks SO much for that advice! I'll try bio oil/cocoa butter, and I'll take on board what you said about not expecting immediate results, I'm happy to wait a while if they do fade! I'm just self conscious now, never used to be before :/

(Original post by angelbones)

Mine are like lighter than my skin (like whiteish?) cuz I have quite dark skin, but I'm not black. Do you think they will still work on me?

(Original post by Pinball_heart)
    Psh I've had them since I was like 11, on my boobs and hips, you can barely see them now and I'm 21.
    They'll fade.

thanks you've given me SOME hope hopefully won't get them on my boobs though..

(Original post by chronic_fatigue)
    lol even 'thin' women get them I also have them in the same region. Your ass is probably getting larger and your hips wider. It is nothing to worry about many women have it. It has nothing to do with being pregnant thought pregnant women do get them. Some girls have them on their breasts too.

sorry so ignorant but i was just surprised =[

(Original post by Lalaland61)
    Don't worry, they will fade. just keep your skin moisturised and all should be good
    Bio Oil will work but is just really an expensive alternative to a cheaper body moisturiser.
    have you tried any old moisturiser, and did it work!? thankyou!

(Original post by IHopeIGetIt)
    Don't worry, I have them on my thighs from having a massive growth spurt. As people have already said, Bio-Oil and Cocoa butter can help make them fade. They'll fade from purple to silvery in a couple of years, most days I barely notice them. Hope that reassures you

already gone silvery but that's worse because my skin is darker!! but thanks for the help =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tee ess arr)
    Mine are like lighter than my skin (like whiteish?) cuz I have quite dark skin, but I'm not black. Do you think they will still work on me?
    Yes, they will.

ReputationRep:
    Sure, personally, i have them on my hips and thighs and I use Nivea or Dove and they have just began to fade to the point where i don't even notice them anymore Hope this helps

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 28, 2011
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.