Turn on thread page Beta

Friend is ignoring me - should I accept that I've been 'ditched'? watch

Lectures don't start until Monday but most of us have moved back into town.

I decided to make the first move and text my friend who moved back on Sunday; asked how she's doing. We've been texting back and fourth for the past 2 days now (mainly about the summer) and today I replied to her message, then ended it with "...so do you want to go out sometime this week before uni starts?" - she's stopped replying and the text was sent at around 12 today. Mind you, she's updated her facebook status....

This is what it was like during the Spring semester last year, all the way until we finished for the summer. She kept saying 'I'll see what I'm doing' whenever I mentioned doing something outside uni, like going out, but we never did in the end. I understand that some people prefer to keep their friendships uni-based (is that even a word? :lol: ) but I wish she'd say it like it is (that she only wants us to be friends at uni and use me for study help)?

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

We've been sitting with each other for every single lecture for the past year - should we stop, then?

And should I be pissed off?

ReputationRep:
    I've experienced this all the time for several years. The friendship with her really isn't worth it. If she doesn't want to spend time with you then don't have her as a friend. You do have a right to be pissed off, but it's better to just move on and stick with people who enjoy your company.

(Original post by Nephilim)
    I've experienced this all the time for several years. The friendship with her really isn't worth it. If she doesn't want to spend time with you then don't have her as a friend. You do have a right to be pissed off, but it's better to just move on and stick with people who enjoy your company.
    Thanks, you're right. She is a nice person and we have quite a lot in common (one of the reasons we text so much), but at the same time, I get a feeling that she doesn't want to hang around with me/that I'm imposing. I really wish she would admit it, though (but I doubt she ever will).

Shall I start ignoring her as of Monday, then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thanks, you're right. She is a nice person and we have quite a lot in common (one of the reasons we text so much), but at the same time, I get a feeling that she doesn't want to hang around with me/that I'm imposing. I really wish she would admit it, though (but I doubt she ever will).

Shall I start ignoring her as of Monday, then?
    The sooner you do it, the sooner it'll be over and the easier it'll be. Try and focus on other friends and family .

ReputationRep:
    Odd back in the days you would have talked with the people you had problems with. Now everyone is just posting in forums and doing what dubios people tell them to do.

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.