Turn on thread page Beta

ok so er im 16 and been with my boyfriend 9 and a half months.

i was on the depo provera jag but i want longer term contraception and tomorrow i have an appointment with my GP to get the contraceptive implant (i have researched it and decided its the best form of contraception for me)

one problem though..my parents are old fashioned and we never discuss sex so i won't be telling them i'm on it but i just wanted to ask if anyone got it at a young age and didn't tell their parents? my friend has it and you can see a purple line where it is and i'm going on holiday in 3 months (will be wearing a bikini)

has anyone ever hid the contraceptive implant from their parents?

or anyone ever been FOUND OUT by their parents?

ReputationRep:
    Everyone's different. My friend had one too, and you can't see it under the skin (although you can feel it). So you might not be able to see it at all.

There might be a little scar where they put it in, but if you moisturise that it should fade, or you could say it was a scratch or something.

Got it done today, have a massive bandage so far nobody noticed

ReputationRep:
    its under the skin so unless your parents daily feel your arms then they are not going to notice once everythings ettled

ReputationRep:
    If the notice it, I'd say that you got it because your periods were very heavy and painful, and you didn't tell them because you thought they would react badly to it, when really you have it because of that.

it is pretty small, but you can feel it, but unless you have very skinny arms, I'd think you'd be fine

(Original post by Dollygirl)
    If the notice it, I'd say that you got it because your periods were very heavy and painful, and you didn't tell them because you thought they would react badly to it, when really you have it because of that.

it is pretty small, but you can feel it, but unless you have very skinny arms, I'd think you'd be fine
    Aww thank you! that is a good idea and yeah the only person I know who didn't tell her parents got caught because she had an x ray which showed it up and her dad went nuts haha

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 4, 2011
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.