Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I want to advertise a used laptop as a classified. How can I go about this properly on TSR forum (if at all possible?)

I googled "The student room advertising" and it went to a page talking more about professional advertising by banks, railcard, etc. - I just wish to advertise a single item to other TSR forum users.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance,

Sunny

ReputationRep:
    :nah: I'm afraid that this isn't currently possible - the only advertising that we allow in posts/threads is within the Accommodation Classifieds and Textbook Classifieds forums.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    :nah: I'm afraid that this isn't currently possible - the only advertising that we allow in posts/threads is within the Accommodation Classifieds and Textbook Classifieds forums.
    it would be a good idea to it the forum - maybe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJTom)
    it would be a good idea to it the forum - maybe
    It's been discussed and is still to some extent an option available to be considered further - but we have to question whether this is something that's suited to TSR. For a start, there are many other, arguably better, ways to advertise items for sale and TSR's always going to struggle to compete fully with these. The likes of eBay have much greater security than we can currently offer here, for example.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    It's been discussed and is still to some extent an option available to be considered further - but we have to question whether this is something that's suited to TSR. For a start, there are many other, arguably better, ways to advertise items for sale and TSR's always going to struggle to compete fully with these. The likes of eBay have much greater security than we can currently offer here, for example.
    yeah i suppose thats true

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.