Turn on thread page Beta

Its fresher's week and I'm really missing home, but more than anything I miss my boyfriend. I spent every minute of every day with him before uni and I haven't seen him for two weeks because he went up to a different uni a week before me. I'm finding it so hard, he's all I think about and I well up in social situations and have to stop myself. I just don't know how I'm going to cope without him. I want to curl up in a ball and go to sleep. If I can't be with him I don't want to be anywhere. He's the love of my life, we talk about marriage and kids all the time and I know he misses me just as much. We cry on skype to each other all the time (he hasn't cried in like 5 years until now) and we've arranged to see each other twice a month but that just breaks my heart. My course is 5 years and I don't know how I'm going to cope. I'm not enjoying this week at all, I've met some really nice people, but I'm not close to anyone yet and I need someone to talk to. The problem with being so close to my boyfriend is that it caused us to drift from our friendship group so I don't feel I can ring them and talk to them about it any more. I've been on the phone to my mum and she makes me less homesick but she can't help with how much I miss my boyfriend.

I'm also very worried about my course, I don't think I'm going to be able to cope with the difficulty of it and I feel stupid already. It's going to be embarrassing struggling alongside people who are coping fine.

My hallmates are lovely, but they go out every night (fresher's week obviously!) and although I'd love to I just feel so depressed and I want to stay in and sleep so I have to make a different excuse each night. If my boyfriend were here I'd be having such a great time each night and getting involved with everything!

I don't really know why I'm posting on here I guess it just helps to get it down in words. I think I might book a counselling session at the uni, I can't believe it's come to that! If anyone has any advice that would be really nice x

ReputationRep:
    Me and my ex did long distance for a year and half and the hardest bit is now until christmas. I promise you it will get easier, you sound so much in love and commited to each. You need to try and put him at the back of your mind- i know he's that keeps you breathing but learning to be seperate people will make your relationship stronger. Make dates on skype, me and my ex used to order pizza and talk on skype while we ate and we got dressed up just like we would if we were going out. We were also into gaming alot so we used to play co-op or against each other. Make sure you know the date and when you really miss him say to yourself its only 10 days until i can smell his hair or have him hold me.

Also i thinks its pretty natural to feel bit overwhelmed about your course to start off with, some uni's adopt scare tactics and give a hell alot of work to start off with- to wittle out people who arent there to work and push you into the deep end a bit. But i'll reiterate it will get easier im sure your not the only one feeling like that, out of 100s of students.
    I hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darthgirlie)
    Me and my ex did long distance for a year and half and the hardest bit is now until christmas. I promise you it will get easier, you sound so much in love and commited to each. You need to try and put him at the back of your mind- i know he's that keeps you breathing but learning to be seperate people will make your relationship stronger. Make dates on skype, me and my ex used to order pizza and talk on skype while we ate and we got dressed up just like we would if we were going out. We were also into gaming alot so we used to play co-op or against each other. Make sure you know the date and when you really miss him say to yourself its only 10 days until i can smell his hair or have him hold me.

Also i thinks its pretty natural to feel bit overwhelmed about your course to start off with, some uni's adopt scare tactics and give a hell alot of work to start off with- to wittle out people who arent there to work and push you into the deep end a bit. But i'll reiterate it will get easier im sure your not the only one feeling like that, out of 100s of students.
    I hope this helps.
    Brill advice, you're a true gem, you know that?!

Out of rep but definately tomorrow! x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 30, 2011
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.