Turn on thread page Beta

Aspiring Photographer. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys,
    I am Hayley and I'm currently in my last year in school - yay. However I have a problem. I am hoping to pursure a career in Photography or some Media aspect, but I have no clue which path to take.

Do you reccomend to take: - HND PHOTOGRAPHY
    - BA(HONS) PHOTOGRAPHY
    Or Maybe getting straight into the career by Apprentiship.

Also, I have photos that I have taken already and I am looking off ways to sell them? Whether it be Postcards, Calenders etc however I have no idea how to go about that?

All tips etc will be very welcome - thankyou<3

ReputationRep:
    hello

i would of thought BA(HONS) PHOTOGRAPHY would be better to take.

ReputationRep:
    You'd be better offer doing another degree and doing a more basic (and far cheaper) photography course at a local college. You probably won't be able to afford to live off a photography career for a long time, if ever. It's a tough career. The vast majority are local freelance guys/gals struggling to get by covering functions and other odd jobs. Not much glam to it. I know two people who tried to go freelance and never really got going and ended up going back to what they did before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hayleymcm)
    Hey Guys,
    I am Hayley and I'm currently in my last year in school - yay. However I have a problem. I am hoping to pursure a career in Photography or some Media aspect, but I have no clue which path to take.

Do you reccomend to take: - HND PHOTOGRAPHY
    - BA(HONS) PHOTOGRAPHY
    Or Maybe getting straight into the career by Apprentiship.

Also, I have photos that I have taken already and I am looking off ways to sell them? Whether it be Postcards, Calenders etc however I have no idea how to go about that?

All tips etc will be very welcome - thankyou<3
    If you can do all three, its a long slog to become pro photographer!

ReputationRep:
    by the way do you want to work while doing a course?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure, if there is any jobs going.. but yes, I will need to work to pay for accomendation - preferable for a photography company!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hayleymcm)
    I'm not sure, if there is any jobs going.. but yes, I will need to work to pay for accomendation - preferable for a photography company!
    well im doing a photpgraphy course with open university and its a 4 week course and after you can go on to a degree with the arts college where you cann study that at home too and get a job then a photography job if you want.

ReputationRep:
    I'm creating a new social media portal for students in the UK, if you want to become involved for experience then get in touch with me via email at [email protected]. I'll need photographers, videographers, designers etc etc so if you're interested in building up more experience and your portfolio please contact me

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Marketing,Sales ad PR Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.