Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I had an old thread here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1577106

Btut it got deserted due to exams etc.

So I thought it best to set up a new one.

So basically, intention is to get down to 8 stone. I think about 1500 calories a day will be right for me, based on BMR etc.

I will update daily or thereabouts. Comments/tips welcome. Pictures to come next week!

Weight:

29/9 - 9 stone 2
    6/10

ReputationRep:
    Good luck

How tall are you?

ReputationRep:
    5 foot 2 or 3 ish. And thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Today:

Breakfast: toasted wholemeal bagel (no topping) (230), OJ (65), actimel (75), milk in tea (35)
    Lunch: tuna salad (half can tuna (75), mayo (100), and veggies (approx 100) - spinach, cauliflower, broccoli, carrot, tomato
    Dinner: pasta with spinach and courgette (500)
    Snacks: custard cream x 2 (140) (oops, office biscuit tin), Pret sweet n salt popcorn (125), milk (100),

Total: 1545

Exercise: walking to/from work, about town - approx 45 minutes. Was going to go to the gm but 4 hours sleep last night means I am ready for bed not gym!

ReputationRep:
    Right after a weekend away I'm back and ready to get on track (cheesy).

Breakfast- bran flakes mixed in with oats, skimmed milk (270), tea (30)
    Lunch- boiled egg, bagel (400)
    Dinner- vegetable stir fry and rice (500)
    Snacks- Eat Natural bar (225), biscuits at work (250) - oops

TOTAL= 1675

Exercise- 3.5 miles walking

ReputationRep:
    Hi Lell, this is the message i posted on your other thread '9 stone to 8 stone' hope you can read this one...

Hi Lell, just wondering how u r getting along? I too, like you am short (5 3) an was at the end of July 9 stone. I also want to be 8 stone. In the two months of dieting and exercise I have now got my weight down to 8 stone 8 lbs. I live with my boyfriend and his family, he is a personal trainer and his mum my future mother in law is an aerobics instructor (she's 5 '3 and weighs 8 stone) talk about PRESSURE! lol, just thought I'd let you and everyone else know that I've picked up a few tips and they seem to be working. Ive lost half a stone in two months so should reach 8stone by Christmas. If you would like any help please feel free to contact me. My best advice I can give is to use a calorie counter on ur phone or laptop, I use fitness pal and it's very accurate u can enter the exercise uv done and it takes that into account too! Anyway good luck and just wanted to tell u that I completely understand wanting to be a little smaller and u r right it is perfectly healthy. My mother in law says we can get to about 8 stone 3 steadily but those last few pounds will be difficult to shift as we would be breaking down our essential fat. Though be determined it IS possible and I c the Proof everyday massive good luck and well done
    Tinks xxxx

Just quickly wanted to add, if ur small ur max calories to STAY THE SAME WEIGHT is 1500 (a teenager or child) try dropping slightly even by 100 calories a day. so having 1400 if you don't exercise and 1500 if you do exercise. You will see a BIG difference if u eat low calorie /no butter /low fat milk cheese etc. That means u r still eating a lot but it's low cal so u don't feel hungry and you DO loose weight. hope this helps with motivation
    Tinks xxxx

ReputationRep:
    Today:

Breakfast - porridge made with jumbo oats and skimmed milk (300), tea (30)
    Lunch - wholemeal bagel with boiled egg (400)
    Dinner - pasta with tuna and grana padano (500)
    Snacks - ginger biscuit x 2 (120), buttons (170), Eat Natural bar (225), banana (100), milk (150), 250ml Lucozade (on run) (70)

TOTAL= 2065

Had a bit more to eat today due to long run...are these calories OK?

Exercise - 1 hour walking, 6.3 mile run (during which Garmin says I burned 580 calories)

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.