Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi does anyone know about funding opportunities for post graduate students. I have got a place for a Masters in ANthropology of Development at SOAS, though ive done my previous degree an MBA from another country I am a british citizen is there no way I can avail funding as I have lived here for more then 3 years and am a home student? If anyone knows of any grants or funding please let me know as I have to pay the fees very soon and am finding it very difficult as SOAS demands the whole amount together for the year.

ReputationRep:
    You'd have to read carefully over the eligibility requirements, but have you tried for a Career Development Loan? That is the only source of funding that I can think of that may be available to you this late, but there's no guarantee that you would get one, or that you would get it in time. Master's funding is so hard to come by, especially scholarships/grants that the application deadlines are a ways in advance. Have you considered deferring for a year to increase your chances of getting funding, because (and I really don't want to sound rude) why on earth have you left it this late to look for funding?

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.