The Student Room Group

Debenhams Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Original post by excell
I have a telephone interview tomorrow. Didn't expect to hear back so soon so I'm a bit underprepared. What sort of questions should I expect?

I found this post really helpful when I did my telephone interview last week - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=39847258&postcount=0

Most people seem to hear straight away if they've got an assessment day interview but they told me 10 days and I still haven't heard anything and that was last Wednesday.. starting to think I might have been unsuccessful.

Good luck!! :smile:
Reply 421
Original post by excell
I have a telephone interview tomorrow. Didn't expect to hear back so soon so I'm a bit underprepared. What sort of questions should I expect?

I had mine yesterday but it was for a restaurant assistant so it will depend slightly on the position your applying for but the general questions they asked me were how I would deliver good customer service, what I thought the role involved and why I wanted to work at Debenhams. Just had my in store interview today, was quite intense haha. Good luck for the phone interview :smile:
Reply 422
Right guys, just got a christmas temp job at Debenhams in the menswear department, chuffed!

Just wondering what I should wear on my first day as I've heard it takes a while for uniform to be ordered etc. cheers.
Reply 423
Original post by jon_mufc
Right guys, just got a christmas temp job at Debenhams in the menswear department, chuffed!

Just wondering what I should wear on my first day as I've heard it takes a while for uniform to be ordered etc. cheers.

Well done :smile: I had my first day last week and everyone just wore smart black and white. We got given tops that day so I have my uniform for this week. Good luck, hope it goes well.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 424
Uniform?? We don't get given a uniform, just wear something smart and black! With a name badge of course.
lol 25 days after my interview i call them and then they say they forgot to tell me that i had been given a job offer
Reply 426
Original post by Dukeofwembley
lol 25 days after my interview i call them and then they say they forgot to tell me that i had been given a job offer

Haha omg how could they forget?! I just had my interview yesterday, hate waiting to find out if I've got it or not.
Reply 427
Thanks for the help guys, expecting the call in 10 mins!
Reply 428
Original post by Aderyn
Uniform?? We don't get given a uniform, just wear something smart and black! With a name badge of course.

I guess it depends on the individual store - I got given a polo shirt on my induction day.

Reply 429
Original post by codle
I guess it depends on the individual store - I got given a polo shirt on my induction day.

Oh right, that's interesting.
Reply 430
Original post by excell
Thanks for the help guys, expecting the call in 10 mins!

How did you get on?
Reply 431
I had a second interview with the store manager on Tuesday, he said I would hear by the next day, never did. To call or not to call...
hey everyone, ive just opened my account so apologies if i've posted in the wrong place!!

I have a xmas temp job with Debenhams too and wanted to know if anyone knows when the "temp" period ends? I heard 1st Jan 2013 but havent had my contract through yet and was curious

Anna
Original post by arutherford
hey everyone, ive just opened my account so apologies if i've posted in the wrong place!!

I have a xmas temp job with Debenhams too and wanted to know if anyone knows when the "temp" period ends? I heard 1st Jan 2013 but havent had my contract through yet and was curious

Anna

5th of January :smile:
Original post by kimprovising
5th of January :smile:
Original post by jon_mufc

I won't be getting mine for a while providing I want one (manager mentioned it). All I get offered is a black zip up jacket :frown: haha

Not got my name badge yet either :frown:
Reply 436
Original post by M1258
Hii, I just wanted some info as I have a interview at debhenams bulling this week, just needed some help on what you did at one to one and group interview! And the queations asked ! Will be great full if you'll tell me thankss

There's plenty of help and advice throughout this thread - have a look.
Reply 437
Original post by xamyjeanx
How did you get on?

Got a call yesterday asking me to come in for an instore interview next week.

Does anyone know if that's a group thing or one to one?

It's quite late in the afternoon so I don't think there will be time for the group stuff?
Reply 438
Original post by excell
Got a call yesterday asking me to come in for an instore interview next week.

Does anyone know if that's a group thing or one to one?

It's quite late in the afternoon so I don't think there will be time for the group stuff?

I think it's usually a group thing. I had mine last week and there were 3 of us and we had to sell a product to the rest of the group and discuss things like what we thought customer delight was. That went on for about an hour and a bit and then you have your one on one interview.

Hope it goes well.
Reply 439
I'm a bit gutted as I applied for about 3 or 4 positions at Debenhams for Christmas. Has a telephone interview but never heard anymore.

Does anyone think there may be more vacancies in January?
I think some Christmas temps will probably be kept on but at the same time some Uni students who came home to work will be going back.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending