The Student Room Group

Debenhams Thread

Scroll to see replies

I got a weekend Christmas temp job for a restaurant assistant, was wondering if anyone knew what the pay would be? I'm 17!
Original post by sophieshep
I got a weekend Christmas temp job for a restaurant assistant, was wondering if anyone knew what the pay would be? I'm 17!

I would think £5.13. Same as the other Xmas temp jobs. Maybe, not too sure.
Original post by ColeNate
I have a group interview in a couple of weeks. Any advice? :smile:

Yeah sure! The group interview was very relaxed, it was a great experience. At first you may be nervous, but after a while you start talking to everyone. We was asked to talk to the person next to us, and ask them their name, someone they would like to meet, a talent and a country they would like to visit. And vise versa. Then we would have to tell the interviewer. There was about 11 people in my group. Just around a table. After that we went down to shop floor, split into teams and asks to find good point and bad points on customer service. We came back and told them again after 15 minutes looking around. Then we had to write points on what we think good customer service is. After that we then were told to wait in staff room and wait to be called in and have one to one interview. It was quite relaxed, first was about dates you will need to come in, pay ,etc. Then questions were like
tell me about yourself
how would others describe you
situation like what would you do if the shop was quite
what would you do if it was busy
What customers looks for in good customer service in shop floor
why debenhams?
and lastly anything else to improve your application.
:smile: It took like 15 minutes.
They did say they will contact within 10 days if your successful, but they called me the next day.:biggrin:
It's nothing to worry about, easy and relaxing. Good luck!
Just wondering guys it's my first actual work day next week saturday and our uniform doesn't arrive yet on that day and the person I asked said to come in what we were wearing which for me was a white shirt. So, I was thinking should I wear a black shirt and black trousers to match the debenhams uniform?

Also, I haven't got a locker or anything, so when would I get these. And what do I do on my first day, to I just go to my department and say 'It's my first day here what do I do or what' :s-smilie:

I know I should have asked these in the induction but I only realised when I had gone
I have a phone interview on Thursday for a sales advisor, what should I expect? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Gorganite
Just wondering guys it's my first actual work day next week saturday and our uniform doesn't arrive yet on that day and the person I asked said to come in what we were wearing which for me was a white shirt. So, I was thinking should I wear a black shirt and black trousers to match the debenhams uniform?

Also, I haven't got a locker or anything, so when would I get these. And what do I do on my first day, to I just go to my department and say 'It's my first day here what do I do or what' :s-smilie:

I know I should have asked these in the induction but I only realised when I had gone

Yeah, wear all black as that's what all the employees always wear. And just go up onto the floor that you'll be working on and tell them that you're new and were wondering what you could do! :smile:

Good luck!!
Original post by obsessedfreak95
Yeah, wear all black as that's what all the employees always wear. And just go up onto the floor that you'll be working on and tell them that you're new and were wondering what you could do! :smile:

Good luck!!

Thanks so much for answering. That solves two of the problems I have haha :biggrin:
Original post by chillviaplath
I had my telephone interview last week and passed that, so now I have the group and 1-to-1 interview tomorrow.
I'm not sure what to expect but the man on the phone told me that there would be a group task as well as an individual task, then a one to one interview that sort of carries on from the types of questions asked on the phone.

Hopefully I don't have to stand and sell anything (although I worked at Build-a-Bear so I might be able to ignore looking like an idiot!)

If anyone wants any phone interview advice I can help :smile: I'll update when I've had my interview tomorrow. Good luck to anyone awaiting interviews :smile:

What sort of questions did they ask on the phone interview? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 748
Under 18's at debenhams earn £5.33 an hour and over 18's i think it's around £5.70 (for food services it is anyway). But i was wondering to anyone who has worked at debenhams for a while, do i get the 25% staff discount off on cosmetics, such as mac and bobbi brown?? thanks
Hi all. So I had my till training today at Debenhams, and to be honest I have forgotten a lot of things that I have been told. I'm actually panicking in case I have to work on the till tomorrow and I mess up bad :s-smilie:

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had step by step guides for how to do some of the basics or at least some tips to help me :colondollar:

Thanks
Original post by bflook
Under 18's at debenhams earn £5.33 an hour and over 18's i think it's around £5.70 (for food services it is anyway). But i was wondering to anyone who has worked at debenhams for a while, do i get the 25% staff discount off on cosmetics, such as mac and bobbi brown?? thanks

I think the wage is different in the sales advisor role than it is in the food services as the colleagues that I work with and that are over 18 earn more than that an hour 😊 also you get 25% off cosmetics and fragrance 😊
Hi does anyone know when the induction date an time is for liverpool one debenhams ? I still haven't received my info and can't get threw on a number ?
Help !
Anyone else here working on click and collect at Debenhams? If so, do you have any advice for the induction and what the job actually entails?
Anybody know the rate of pay for debenhams for over 21?
Original post by TinyblueXx
Anybody know the rate of pay for debenhams for over 21?

My work colleague is 21 and she gets paid £6.77
Original post by Gorganite
My work colleague is 21 and she gets paid £6.77

Thanks for the reply :smile:
How long did everyone recieve there contract ?
do you have to put your qualifications on the online app for xmas temp? I didn't see the section and have gt through to group interviews but now I'm thinking what's the point.
Original post by BlueSkyeCloudyDay
do you have to put your qualifications on the online app for xmas temp? I didn't see the section and have gt through to group interviews but now I'm thinking what's the point.

I don't think I did ? Just go for it ! What have u got to lose?
What store is it for ??
Original post by TinyblueXx
I don't think I did ? Just go for it ! What have u got to lose?
What store is it for ??

Um because if I do I have to put in all my gcses and a-levels and if it's irrelevant then it's waste of time and also just looks silly. If they need them, they'll ask right? Do I need to take a CV with me to group interviews and do you have any tips?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending