Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    His name to me sounds like a soft drink.

ReputationRep:
    and it's Oxlade Chaimberlain!!!! I can just hear it now

ReputationRep:
    nah, just a carbon copy of Theo Walcott.

ReputationRep:
    Walcott MK. II
    Its literally so obvious its untrue. He will be a good player, but one of the world's best, can't see it.

ReputationRep:
    another great one for tomorrow
    but for Wenger tomorrow never comes

ReputationRep:
    He has the skill and if he keeps his head down who is anyone on tsr to say otherwise

ReputationRep:
    I reckon he will actually be better than Walcott.

ReputationRep:
    It's amazing how he's gone from League One to Champions League in a matter of months.

ReputationRep:
    In answer to the question, it's too early to say really but he certainly has the potential.

(Original post by michaelhaych)
    (Original post by rorydaredking)
    Walcott MK. II
    Its literally so obvious its untrue. He will be a good player, but one of the world's best, can't see it.
    Have either of you actually seen him play? He's got so much more technical ability than Theo.

ReputationRep:
    Let's just hope he doesn't get injured while his still developing …

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaelhaych)
    (Original post by rorydaredking)
    Walcott MK. II
    Its literally so obvious its untrue.

o.0

.......but in response to the question : the only people he could be described as 'the next big thing' by is by those in britain. media.supporters.etc. for example i remember reading and hearing about how david bentley was to become the next beckham of the game- where is he now?.....lol.
    like with walcott,i personally do not think he will be too relevant or talked about abroad though. british media overhypes all english players, only to be disappointed time + time again when it comes to competition with other decent teams, like in the euros/ world cups.

i just hope for his sake that he, as winger, will provide crosses better than walcott......which shouldn't be too hard - i could cross better than walcott.
    my neightbour's cat could cross better than walcott.
    .....emile heskey could cross better than walcott (ok,not so sure on this).

however may this player with long double-barelled surname we discuss might be good for england's future.....you know, to help england to reach last 16, or quaterfinal, of euro/ world cup ;}

ReputationRep:
    Check out Theo's assist for RvP's second goal at the weekend if you think he's that bad. Theo's got a fair few problems but his crossing isn't that bad.

AOC's not primarily a winger anyway btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK.)
    AOC's not primarily a winger anyway btw.
    He is. Hasn't played a senior game at CM although he had a few youth team games there.

ReputationRep:
    I think the Theo Mk2 comments are aimed at this idea that there is a bloke who is 90% of the way to being a top drawer player - but seems to always stay there, and is persisted with, even though there are players who are already the finished article.

I suspect you (gooners) don't want to have another English player like that - you want someone that actually becomes the big time.

ReputationRep:
    Its very hard to say. He has only played a handful of games at the highest level, and to be considered good-great one needs to perform consistently over a period of time.

ReputationRep:
    He'll be just like wallcott and bale and lennon. mark my words

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panda Bear)
    It's amazing how he's gone from League One to Champions League in a matter of months.
    Smalling went from non league football to title contenders in a year or two i think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcticRed)
    Being like bale is pretty good though, top 10 winger in the prem is class.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcticRed)
    Bit of a difference between those 3 really, if he became like Bale that would be great. But if he became like Lennon...not so great.

ReputationRep:
    He has potential to be, not sure as to why he's being compared to Walcott when they're very different.

In any case he has great awareness on the pitch for his age and seems to have a high football IQ unlike the likes of Walcott.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.