Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have been on a diet for the past three weeks. In those three weeks I have lost 9lbs, I lost 7 of those in the first week. Now I have quite bad stomach cramps, do you think they are related?

ReputationRep:
    It could be, are you on a very restricted diet (under 1000- cals a day). What caused you to lose 7 pounds in 7 days?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mortidraybob)
    It could be, are you on a very restricted diet (under 1000- cals a day). What caused you to lose 7 pounds in 7 days?
    Yes. I usually have a bowl of cereal for breakfast with skimmed milk which is about 118 calories. For my dinner I will have either a pasta pot or a sandwich which is usually around 300 calories. Then I will have my tea at night which again is usually 300-400 calores. And I don't snack between meals.

I actually lost 7lbs in 6 days as I was on the slim fast milkshake diet for the first week. So I would have a milkshake for breakfast and dinner (they are 230 calories each) then my tea which I would try and keep below 400 calories.

I think the first week was a shock to the system which made me lose the weight so quickly. Now my body is used to it I am not losing weight as quickly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowDoll)
    Yes. I usually have a bowl of cereal for breakfast with skimmed milk which is about 118 calories. For my dinner I will have either a pasta pot or a sandwich which is usually around 300 calories. Then I will have my tea at night which again is usually 300-400 calores. And I don't snack between meals.

I actually lost 7lbs in 6 days as I was on the slim fast milkshake diet for the first week. So I would have a milkshake for breakfast and dinner (they are 230 calories each) then my tea which I would try and keep below 400 calories.

I think the first week was a shock to the system which made me lose the weight so quickly. Now my body is used to it I am not losing weight as quickly.
    ah well that does sound like its the major factor. The first week is like you say a shock to the system but after that your body thinks it's being starved and stores all excess energy it can (which is why people yo-yo diet, the weight lost like that will go back on quickly!) try to keep calories above the 1200 mark (this amount still helps weight loss if thats your plan, its slower but easier to maintain) it should ease your stomach pains
    If you are trying to lose weight I'd suggest finding out your BMR, it'll tell you your needed calorie intake and make it easier for you
    hope I helped at bit and hope you feel better!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mortidraybob)
    ah well that does sound like its the major factor. The first week is like you say a shock to the system but after that your body thinks it's being starved and stores all excess energy it can (which is why people yo-yo diet, the weight lost like that will go back on quickly!) try to keep calories above the 1200 mark (this amount still helps weight loss if thats your plan, its slower but easier to maintain) it should ease your stomach pains
    If you are trying to lose weight I'd suggest finding out your BMR, it'll tell you your needed calorie intake and make it easier for you
    hope I helped at bit and hope you feel better!
    Thank you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 29, 2011
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.