Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone.

Yesterday was the grand launch for the Beta of Konqr - A website for participating in quick and fun competitions. Anyone can create a competition and you can set competitions to have video entries, text entries or image entries. So for example you could create a text competition for the Best Computer Science Lecturer Quotes - everyone could submit their favourite quotes and people can vote for their favourite ones.

The creators of the site are three students from the University of Bristol, and have been working on this since the start of summer and would be eager to see what you think. It's still a work in progress so things will be changing on a daily basis. If you find any bugs or features that you think are missing (or have any praise you want to share!) then there is a feedback form on the top of every page to contact us.

To start things off we have created a range of competitions, but please, feel free to create some of your own - we want this to be a fun, challenging community!

tldr;

Konqr is a website for competing in short, fun competitions. We require beta testers - the site can be found at :
    http://beta.konqr.co.uk

We are eager to see what all of you think!

Thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    Made my computer freeze up just from clicking the link... but after about a minute it seems to be alright...

ReputationRep:
    3/10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheep)
    3/10
    Constructive criticism is appreciated...

ReputationRep:
    Froze for me at the start too. I think the design is too bland and basic at the moment, for something meant as entertainment. Maybe just a colourful background would do it. Right now it looks like one of those websites you end up on when you type the wrong link in. Nice name and logo though, good idea too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misst911)
    Froze for me at the start too. I think the design is too bland and basic at the moment, for something meant as entertainment. Maybe just a colourful background would do it. Right now it looks like one of those websites you end up on when you type the wrong link in. Nice name and logo though, good idea too.
    Thanks for the feedback - I'm not sure what's going on with the freezing, what web browser are you using?

As for the colour choices, there is actually a reason for that which I'm not prepared to reveal just yet!

There is still a little too much whitespace at the moment, I agree, but this is a WIP - changes are being made constantly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~onFire*)
    Thanks for the feedback - I'm not sure what's going on with the freezing, what web browser are you using?

As for the colour choices, there is actually a reason for that which I'm not prepared to reveal just yet!

There is still a little too much whitespace at the moment, I agree, but this is a WIP - changes are being made constantly.
    No problem I'm using Firefox 7.0.

Hrm I'm curious now!
    • Study Helper

Study Helper
    Accessed OK with IE9

2nd line of text on Computer Science Lecturer Photoshop is partially obscured by the photo

ReputationRep:
    I use Google Chrome. It also froze for me. Overall, the website isn't really bad, but it has a lot of potential.
    You need more content - always helps with white spaces. Try a new design but if you have your heart set on the current design - keep it

ReputationRep:
    Just tried logging in to be provided with lots of error messages

ReputationRep:
    It all seemed fine for me, it looks good and to the point which to me is a plus. I think it's decent, I personally wouldn't use it, but I'm sure others would.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaBaFiCo)
    Just tried logging in to be provided with lots of error messages
    This should be fixed now

ReputationRep:
    Auth link gave me a database error. Clicked it again and it was invalid, turns out it activated the time it gave me an error.

The CSS for the drop down box for My Profile/Logout is all messed up and the 'My Profile' page returned a 404 error. I'm assuming that is still WIP?

I actually like the simple design but could use some work. I'm using Opera by the way.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 30, 2011
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.