The Student Room Group

Please please can anyone help me?

I would be very very grateful if anyone can help me with my problems:frown:

I am a Year 1 student who is studying law at the university in the UK at the moment and has just finished my first year of study for my degree. However, I found that I m not that interested in law and I found it frustrating throughout my year of study. When I was in high school, I was struggling between law and medicine and i picked law at the end as I think my grades r not good enough to get into a medical school. :frown: After a year of study at the uni, i kinda regret for my decision:frown: I am now planning to reapply UCAS in the year 2012 and retake my A2 chemistry and Biology in the coming Jan and June. As I remembered, the UCAS application starts in Oct/Nov, now i m confused about my situation.

1) For my A-level, I hv got AAAB for my AS (B for Biology) and A*AAB for my A2 (B for chemistry). I am planning to retake my A-level biology and chemistry to obtain an A in both. However, I have realised that the UCAS application ends in Jan, so it means the university will still be looking at my current AS result and it will make no difference or whatsoever on their decision for giving me an offer even tho i m planning to retake my A2 in Jan and June next year??

2) I do not have any medical work experience before, If I am planning to do it this Oct or Nov would that be too late??

3) Most of the medical school requires a A/B? or above for GCSE english or 7.5 for the IELTS exam for an international student, I did not reach their standard for GCSE english and have only obtained 7.0 for the IELTS. If I could not obtain 7.5 for the IELTS before I send out my application, would this be a big disadvantage for me while they are looking at my application?? What else can I do about it?

I am really really worried about my future right now:frown::frown:, If anyone can kindly give me some advice I would be very very grateful about it. Thank you very much.
I've just answered this in one of the other places you've posted it.
Reply 2
Original post by carnationlilyrose

Original post by carnationlilyrose
I've just answered this in one of the other places you've posted it.

Thank you very much again for your reply.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending