Can you go travelling alone? Watch

xbethany
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I'd love to travel Europe (not now but in a few years), and I don't think I'd have anyone to go with. Is it a good idea to go on your own?
Alexiel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have just asked the same question, it would be great to go alone as it's cheaper and shows employers you're more of a leader, but we are girls at the end of the day and so it's not necessarily the same as a guy travelling on their own..
raach-jazz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
YES. go for it, there's nothing better than being somewhere on your own. you learn a hell of a lot about yourself.
Guru Jason
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Somtimes, depends on how long you go for. But in reponse to the question, yes I suppose you can.
bzly
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yes yes yes yes yes.

You'll meet people easily, stay in large friendly hostels, chat to people over breakfast, it'll also be nice to be on your own and be able to do whatever you want
Lynz782005
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Alexiel)
I have just asked the same question, it would be great to go alone as it's cheaper and shows employers you're more of a leader, but we are girls at the end of the day and so it's not necessarily the same as a guy travelling on their own..
Hey, i travelled on my own to Australia and Singapore and loved it i met loads of new ppl and some of them will be friends for life!! I was scared to go Thailand on my own as it's a completey different culture and lanague so i went with a company called Travel In A Group but after my tour with them i continued travelling on my own and felt very safe!!
fasteddy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hopefully you'll meet people to travel with or do a tour?

Good luck!
edd360
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You ever watched Taken?
BeautifullyTragic
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by edd360)
You ever watched Taken?
Brilliant film. Don't put them off though ha!
rockrunride
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1755227

missbk87
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
it depends, as it can be a gd idea and a bad idea at the same time but from my personal experience its always better & more enjoyable to travel with people
MedicineStuudent
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You're a moderator. Instead of the hurtful sarcastic comments you should act in a nicer manner and be more helpful towards the thread starter.
fantasystar38
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I went with a friend and it was a complete disaster and ended up coming home early.

I'm thinking I'll go next summer with www.topdeck.travel.
rockrunride
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by MedicineStuudent)
You're a moderator. Instead of the hurtful sarcastic comments you should act in a nicer manner and be more helpful towards the thread starter.
I'm sorry, but moderating a forum is hard work and questions like this come up and get answered almost weekly, with an identical answer being given each time because the question was identical to the last. When you have a big sticky titled "The Lone Traveller's Base" (highlighted in orange of all colours) it's rather frustrating to see it continually ignored despite being at the top of the forum.
duracell
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yes.
STA Travel
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by xbethany)
I'd love to travel Europe (not now but in a few years), and I don't think I'd have anyone to go with. Is it a good idea to go on your own?
Absolutely you can go on your own, xbethany. Europe is very easy to travel around. Do you research, maybe learn a little of the languages, and immerse yourself in the thrill of it all. Have you considered Interrailing?
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (121)
41.87%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (90)
31.14%
I don't have an opinion (78)
26.99%

Watched Threads