Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What a joke, they want more people in teaching now they scrap the SAS scheme and introduce a not so helpful 'SEP' scheme only available to graduates and final years. Never mind the fact you have to apply to the PGCE in your final year after having the experience...

Is the only way now to contact the schools individually?

ReputationRep:
    Special Air Service?

ReputationRep:
    Was on SAS in june and they told me it was the last intake. Literally everything is being cut it would seem.

I would advise you to contact schools directly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Attlee_party)
    Special Air Service?

Student Associate Scheme?

I have heard the term SAS regarding education and teaching but have no idea what it actually stands for. Or what the Student Associate Scheme is to know if it's along the right track

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy Mullen)
    Was on SAS in june and they told me it was the last intake. Literally everything is being cut it would seem.

I would advise you to contact schools directly.
    Yes SAS = Students associate scheme. That really sucks Thanks for the advice, there's only really 2 round here to contact so hope they say yes even though there is no longer an incentive for them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilangel890)
    What a joke, they want more people in teaching now they scrap the SAS scheme and introduce a not so helpful 'SEP' scheme only available to graduates and final years. Never mind the fact you have to apply to the PGCE in your final year after having the experience...
    Do they? I don't think they're looking to up their numbers (except in certain subject areas) and the way they are providing that incentive is to continue bursaries for those in those subject areas (Maths, science, etc.)

Unfortunately I've heard some schools aren't massive fans of SAS as all too often it's just another thing teachers are given responsibility for and schools don't particularly get any major benefit from it. But then, that's only my personal experience so it may not be across the board.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.