The Student Room Group

Ladies, what do you like in a guy?

Ladies, what qualities do you look for in a guy?

Such as:

1. Looks (Please don't say that looks don't matter, they do to an extent and for this question please just tell me what physical features/qualities that you think look good on guys for you.)

Such as:
a. Is there a particular eye colour that you prefer on men?
b. Is there a certain height that you like on guys?
c. Is there any particular body type that you find attractive on men? (Fat, thin, muscular, lean with only some muscles etc.)
d. What hair colour and hair style do you like guys to have? (Long, short, shaggy, neat and tidy etc.)
e. Are there any particular facial features that you think look nice on men? (Long noise, big lips, nice smile, good teeth etc.)
f. Do you like any piercings or tattoos guys?
g. Do you like any facial hair on guys?
h. What do you think of body hair? And hair down below? (Natural, trimmed or waxed?)
i. Do you like guys who wear glasses?
j. Is there a certain race that you are attracted to?
k. Any thing extra that you can think of you think look physically good on guys?

2. Style (Clothes, shoes and accessories that you've noticed look good on guys. Is there also any particular brand that you think looks good? Such as Vans, Converse etc.)

3. Personality (The most important one. What personal qualities do you look for in a man? Are there certain interests that you want them to have? Do you want them to have a specific religion? Do you like any particular accents?)

4. Is there anything that would put you off a man? (Things that you could just not deal with such as a certain personality trait like being arrogant or a physical problem such as acne?)

This is for my survey of the 'perfect man'. No such thing really exists but if you could create one then please tell me the specification that you would pick. Just tell me what your dream man would be like particularly with the 4 points that I have written above. Could you please also write it in the numbered format like the one above to make it more clear :smile:

IMPORTANT!
To help with the survey could you please specify these things at the beginning of your post:
1. Your age
2. If you're in full/part time education (Please specify what type of education you are in, such as University or Studying A Levels etc.) or if you're NOT doing full/part time education (If so please state what you are doing at the moment, such as working or seeking employment etc.)
3. Your Race
4. Your Nationality
(I'm trying to see if there are any age/cultural differences in the answers.)

Thank you for helping :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Not me, that's for sure :nopity:

Oh well, no hope no harm, right? :smile:
a pulse
Original post by GlitterFreak
a pulse

So I guess that rules out all the dead people out there
Why not =]

(1) I'm 21
(2) MSc - postgraduate studies
(3) White
(4) British, with some Italian heritage (not much blood, but a lot of close family which I think has influenced me a lot)

1. Looks (Please don't say that looks don't matter, they do to an extent and for this question please just tell me what physical features/qualities that you think look good on guys for you.)

Such as:
a. Is there a particular eye colour that you prefer on men? Green or Brown

b. Is there a certain height that you like on guys? Taller than me - up around 6ft generally

c. Is there any particular body type that you find attractive on men? (Fat, thin, muscular, lean with only some muscles etc.) lean but some definition goes a long way. Overcooked noodle isn't quite my thing

d. What hair colour and hair style do you like guys to have? (Long, short, shaggy, neat and tidy etc.) brown or black. Love dark hair. Short and either neat and tidy or shaggy..totally depends on the guy

e. Are there any particular facial features that you think look nice on men? (Long noise, big lips, nice smile, good teeth etc.) nice eyes, good teeth, a good smile..one where their eyes crinkle when they laugh

f. Do you like any piercings or tattoos guys? Not really a fan.

g. Do you like any facial hair on guys? some guys can pull off designer stubble. Many can't.

h. What do you think of body hair? And hair down below? (Natural, trimmed or waxed?) Like a bit of chest/stomach hair, so long as it's not a total rug. Down below...trimmed please.

i. Do you like guys who wear glasses? Never been with a guy with glasses before. Don't think it'd put me off if I liked the rest of him.

j. Is there a certain race that you are attracted to? Southern European...

k. Any thing extra that you can think of you think look physically good on guys? good forearms. Really important. And a nice back.

2. Style (Clothes, shoes and accessories that you've noticed look good on guys. Is there also any particular brand that you think looks good? Such as Vans, Converse etc.) I like a man who's not afraid to look smart. I like going to nice restaurants, the theatre etc. I want a bloke who can look mature and fit in, rather than some scruffy lad who looks like he's been dragged along by his mom.

3. Personality:
-What personal qualities do you look for in a man? Got to have an interest (or at least an appreciation) in buildings and architecture. I like men who can have a laugh, be laddy and joke around, take the piss etc, but who know when to stop. I like a gentleman, who'll take me to dinner and generally look after me, but who also supports my endeavours. I can't stand cheats. He;s got to have positive outlook on things, I hate negativity.

-Are there certain interests that you want them to have? Buildings, history...simply because we'd have stuff to talk about. It'd be nice if he appreciated good food and wine. I like men who have big interests of their own, which they like to talk about (not including COD, FIFA etc etc)

-Do you want them to have a specific religion? I'm not religious, so I'd probably prefer limited beliefs simply to avoid clashes in terms of raising children etc

- Do you like any particular accents? I like Irish, I have to admit, but a nice Italian voice mmmmm

4. Is there anything that would put you off a man? (Things that you could just not deal with such as a certain personality trait like being arrogant or a physical problem such as acne?) I think that totally depends on the man. Anyone who thinks it's acceptable to cheat. Someone who doesn't like animals (esp dogs). A soldier (I used to be a pacifist...my thinking has changed slightly but I personally still couldn't be comfortable with someone in military service

This is for my survey of the 'perfect man'. No such thing really exists but if you could create one then please tell me the specification that you would pick. Just tell me what your dream man would be like particularly with the 4 points that I have written above. Could you please also write it in the numbered format like the one above to make it more clear

IMPORTANT!
To help with the survey could you please specify these things at the beginning of your post:
1. Your age
2. If you're in full/part time education (Please specify what type of education you are in, such as University or Studying A Levels etc.) or if you're NOT doing full/part time education (If so please state what you are doing at the moment, such as working or seeking employment etc.)
3. Your Race
4. Your Nationality

Thank you for helping
(edited 12 years ago)
Wow now this is what I call primary research.
The only reason I am replying to this is because I am super bored. :boring:

1. 19
2. Currently working in Bar to save money to do a course.
3. Caucasian
4. English

a. Eye Colour- Nope. I love striking blue and green. But would still go out with a brown :smile:
b. Height- I'm 6ft2, so yes. Sorry but I wouldn't date a guy under 6ft. Unless he was 'perfect' in other ways.
c. Body Type- I genuinely don't like 6-packs and ott muscles. Unless they're natural. Men obssessed with gyms are a big turn-off. If he has them from swimming, or diving fair do's :tongue:. In general I like slim.
d. Hair type- The only way to describe it is 'surfer hair'. Shaggy, uncombed, long (I kind of like guys with really long hair :P In a pony tail...haha! But generally above the shoulders. Any colour will do. But i'm a sucker for blonds and jet black.
e. Particular facial features- , nice teeth is always a bonus, I also like quite defined jawlines and straight noses. But these are all bonuses. I am far from perfect so don't really mind :tongue:
f. Tattoo'/Piercings- Love tattoos (if they have meanings, not that random war tribe scribble.) Piercings, not so much...
g. Facial Hair- I love the look of stubble. Hate the feel. Beards a big no-no though.
h. Body Hair- If he's blond no chest hair, if he's black haired,; chest hair. Back hair= gross. (But I wouldn't turn a guy down because of it!) Downbelow= Leave it be.
i. Glasses- Theres a certain charm about glasses, but personally I would prefer if he didn't wear them.
j. Race- Please don't kill me TSR but Caucasian...and Mediterranean (I've always been confused if they count as a race?)
k. Anything else? Nope.

2. Style (Clothes, shoes and accessories that you've noticed look good on guys. Is there also any particular brand that you think looks good? Such as Vans, Converse etc.) Flipflops, boardies, khaki 3/4 pants, dive gear. Wetsuit :colone:

3. Personality (The most important one. What personal qualities do you look for in a man? Are there certain interests that you want them to have? Do you want them to have a specific religion? Do you like any particular accents?) He must SCUBA dive, or want to try it (and like it..haha!). He must love the sea. I would prefer it if he was a vegetarian/vegan but its not compulsory. As long as he understands why I do it and doesn't take the p*ss. Religion- non. Sorry religious people but I couldn't put up with that. Unless he kind of believed. Church every sunday- no way. Accents- English, german, spanish. IRISH :biggrin:

4. Is there anything that would put you off a man? (Things that you could just not deal with such as a certain personality trait like being arrogant or a physical problem such as acne?) Arrogance, the 'ignorance is bliss' mentality. Doesn't care about the planet. I hate people that think all environmentalists are 'hippies'. So if he thought that, boom, out. Liar, no opinons on things. I like to debate. But then again if he's too opionated and won't even listen to other views, boom, out.
.......might as well for boredom sake U_U
1. age 23............. 7 months (exactly) ;D
2. fulltime, just started second master's degree, working 35 hours per week also
3. ghostly pale white caucasian
4. lithuanian

1. Looks
a. Is there a particular eye colour that you prefer on men? -> dark
b. Is there a certain height that you like on guys? -> honestly dont care, i am not insecure size queen. if they average to slightly below height, they will be like my dad (5'7),somebody who i recognise as having care + attention giving qualities i think i would similarly require of a mate,as well as being someone i can still love very dearly; if aboveaverage height, i'll probably still be taller than him,seeing as i am 6'4...........
c. Is there any particular body type that you find attractive on men? -> slender/ thin. don't like muscled AT ALL, not too keen on excess either.
d. What hair colour and hair style do you like guys to have? -> long, dark, natural looking (ie, undyed, not styled with products or heat)
e. Are there any particular facial features that you think look nice on men? -> dimples. soft shaped face. forehead that is not large....
f. Do you like any piercings or tattoos? -> NO and NO
g. Do you like any facial hair on guys? -> no, i like smooth U_U
h. What do you think of body hair? And hair down below? -> natural apart from back.
i. Do you like guys who wear glasses? -> if it is because of difficulty of sight i don't mind or care. if it is for fashion, then i do not like.
j. Is there a certain race that you are attracted to? -> yes.......caucasian.
k. Any thing extra that you can think of you think look physically good on guys? -> looking happy (or at least trying not to be miserable) O.O

2. Style (Clothes, shoes and accessories that you've noticed look good on guys. Is there also any particular brand that you think looks good? Such as Vans, Converse etc.)
*doesn't dress in a flamboyant/ 'LOOK AT ME I AM DIFFERENT' attention seeking way (scene, punk, goth,for example).
*no favourite from the brands i do not dislike, though there are plenty i do dislike (jack wills,superdry,to name but a few)
*big dislike of tracksuit trousers
*and deep vneck tshirts

3. Personality (The most important one. What personal qualities do you look for in a man? Are there certain interests that you want them to have? Do you want them to have a specific religion? Do you like any particular accents?)
*modest,quiet,reserved
*wouldn't dismiss based on religion, though would prefer for him to be atheist like myself. the union of rotten souls,how cute.
*attentive,but not clingy/ stalkerish (is this even a word? o.0)

4. Is there anything that would put you off a man? (Things that you could just not deal with such as a certain personality trait like being arrogant or a physical problem such as acne?)
*exact opposite of what i put for question number 3
*not being what i believe to be masculine. obsessing over hair,tan, hairless body (''OH NO I HAVE ONE HAIR GROWING BACK ON MY LEG, MUST PLUCK OR WILL LOOK IMPERFECT'', etc), fancy jewellery, teeth whitening, obviously plucked/ shaped eyebrows, wearing make up...... all really very unattractive!!!!!!!
*not maintaining toe and finger nails. biting them is massive no-no for me!!! O.O'
*not liking videogames is bad. if this is case then there is no chance of relationship U_U
Reply 9
1. Looks:
a. Is there a particular eye colour that you prefer on men? BLUE
b. Is there a certain height that you like on guys? LOTS TALLER THAN ME I'M ONLY 4FT 11 SO AROUND 6FT
c. Is there any particular body type that you find attractive on men? MUSCULAR BUT NOT SO MUCH THAT THEY WALK WITH AN EDGE AND HAVE ODD SHAPED SHOULDERS
d. What hair colour and hair style do you like guys to have? SHORTISH AND STYLED OR CURLY :smile:
e. Are there any particular facial features that you think look nice on men? BLUE EYES
f. Do you like any piercings or tattoos guys? SOMETIMES
g. Do you like any facial hair on guys? YES! BUT NOT LOTS BIT OF STUBBLE
h. What do you think of body hair? And hair down below? NATURAL BODY HAIR HOPEFULLY NOT TOO HAIRY
i. Do you like guys who wear glasses? YES
j. Is there a certain race that you are attracted to? NO
k. Any thing extra that you can think of you think look physically good on guys? NO

2. Style: RELAXED BUT NOT SLOPPY
3. Personality: LOVE IRISH ACCENTS, A MAN NEEDS TO BE FRIENDLY, LOVING AND FUNNY!
4. Is there anything that would put you off a man? TALKING ABOUT THEIR EX...BEING TOO CONFIDENT

IMPORTANT!
1. 18
2. UNI
3. Your Race WHITE CAUCASION
4. Your Nationality BRITISH
I'm mega bored, so i'll humour you. :smile:

Such as:
a. Is there a particular eye colour that you prefer on men? I tend to fall for blue eyes, but brown can be very nice too.
b. Is there a certain height that you like on guys? Taller than me preferably, so 5'9"+, but again not too fussy about this.
c. Is there any particular body type that you find attractive on men? (Fat, thin, muscular, lean with only some muscles etc.) Thinner with only some muscles, but slightly chubby can be very cute on the right guy!
d. What hair colour and hair style do you like guys to have? (Long, short, shaggy, neat and tidy etc.) Short and dark
e. Are there any particular facial features that you think look nice on men? (Long noise, big lips, nice smile, good teeth etc.) the smile is everything! they have to have a kind face
f. Do you like any piercings or tattoos guys? Yeah, as long as the tattoos are done well
g. Do you like any facial hair on guys? Generally, no.
h. What do you think of body hair? And hair down below? (Natural, trimmed or waxed?) Trimmed, please!
i. Do you like guys who wear glasses? I don't mind either way.
j. Is there a certain race that you are attracted to? I tend to go for white guys, but I think that's more because I haven't really meet as many guys of other races so far.
k. Any thing extra that you can think of you think look physically good on guys?

2. Style (Clothes, shoes and accessories that you've noticed look good on guys. Is there also any particular brand that you think looks good? Such as Vans, Converse etc.) I like guys that dress quite plainly really, not interested in designer labels or any of that, often I find guys most attractive when they're just wearing a plain t-shirt and jeans.

3. Personality (The most important one. What personal qualities do you look for in a man? Are there certain interests that you want them to have? Do you want them to have a specific religion? Do you like any particular accents?) I'd prefer someone who likes to travel, who's funny and who has a level of motivation and ambition similar to my own.

4. Is there anything that would put you off a man? (Things that you could just not deal with such as a certain personality trait like being arrogant or a physical problem such as acne?) Arrogance, chauvinism, racism, closed-mindedness, taking themselves too seriously, being very vain (Wouldn't go for a guy that wears make-up for example, as I rarely do myself!), superiority complexes...

This is for my survey of the 'perfect man'. No such thing really exists but if you could create one then please tell me the specification that you would pick. Just tell me what your dream man would be like particularly with the 4 points that I have written above. Could you please also write it in the numbered format like the one above to make it more clear

IMPORTANT!
1. Your age 19
2. If you're in full/part time education (Please specify what type of education you are in, such as University or Studying A Levels etc.) or if you're NOT doing full/part time education (If so please state what you are doing at the moment, such as working or seeking employment etc.) University, full-time.
3. Your Race Mixed white and black Carribean.
4. Your Nationality British
I'll narrow it down-

Charm
Intelligence
Someone quite humble
and Smells nice
Reply 12
And this is why most of the women in this thread have never had sex and are on tsr all the time moaning about men who sleep around in health and relationships lol. :unimpressed:
Original post by jb9191
And this is why most of the women in this thread have never had sex and are on tsr all the time moaning about men who sleep around in health and relationships lol. :unimpressed:

How did you come to that conclusion? I fall into neither of those categories.
Reply 14
1. Your age - 18
2. If you're in full/part time education - Studying A-levels
3. Your Race - Caucasian
4. Your Nationality - British

1.a. Is there a particular eye colour that you prefer on men? - No! Nearly all eyes are attractive.
b. Is there a certain height that you like on guys? As long as they're at least my height (5 foot 5 inches) I'm not fussed.
c. Is there any particular body type that you find attractive on men? - Lean with some muscles... Not loads but not a total stick!
d. What hair colour and hair style do you like guys to have? - I like longer and messy hair.
e. Are there any particular facial features that you think look nice on men? - Good smile
f. Do you like any piercings or tattoos guys? - Within reason. I like sleeve tattoos on guys
g. Do you like any facial hair on guys? - I like stubble :biggrin:
h. What do you think of body hair? And hair down below? - Um.. trimmed I guess
i. Do you like guys who wear glasses? - I don't mind either way
j. Is there a certain race that you are attracted to? - Not really
k. Any thing extra that you can think of you think look physically good on guys? -Nope

2. Style - I don't really care... I like guys who dress normally. I don't like guys who spend ages on their appearance!

3. Personality - Most accents are great, except scouse... D: Good taste in music. Passionate about things. Ambitious. Intelligent. And the most important thing - funny!

4. Is there anything that would put you off a man? Not a fan of so-called "players", or people with addictions.

This is in no way a checklist, haha!
Original post by Pixiefairy
I'll narrow it down-

Charm
Intelligence
Someone quite humble
and Smells nice

:flutter:
Original post by hasan4life
:flutter:

how you doing :sexface:
Original post by Pixiefairy
how you doing :sexface:

how bout u :sexface:
1. Your age: 19
2. If you're in full/part time education (Please specify what type of education you are in, such as University or Studying A Levels etc.) or if you're NOT doing full/part time education (If so please state what you are doing at the moment, such as working or seeking employment etc.): Full time student studying BA Joint Honours in Bus Management and Accounting and Finance.
3. Your Race: Caucasian
4. Your Nationality: British

My 'type' changes a lot, but my current Mr. is the guy I've fallen harder for than anyone else so I'll use him as my basis :smile:

Such as:
a. Is there a particular eye colour that you prefer on men? Any
b. Is there a certain height that you like on guys? Taller than me, I'm 5ft9
c. Is there any particular body type that you find attractive on men? (Fat, thin, muscular, lean with only some muscles etc.) Athletic. Preferably muscular.
d. What hair colour and hair style do you like guys to have? (Long, short, shaggy, neat and tidy etc.) Any.
e. Are there any particular facial features that you think look nice on men? (Long noise, big lips, nice smile, good teeth etc.) Nice teeth definitely
f. Do you like any piercings or tattoos guys? I don't mind them
g. Do you like any facial hair on guys? Not really, no.
h. What do you think of body hair? And hair down below? (Natural, trimmed or waxed?) Really doesn't bother me at all however he wants it.
i. Do you like guys who wear glasses? No.
j. Is there a certain race that you are attracted to? My mr. is black, but I don't really mind any race.

2. Style (Clothes, shoes and accessories that you've noticed look good on guys. Is there also any particular brand that you think looks good? Such as Vans, Converse etc.) Really don't care as long as they don't look stupid. And please don't wear underwear with any holes or stains in though, haha!

I like him to be into football, because I love it, and a range of other sports too if possible. Religion doesn't bother me as long as they aren't really strict about it. Accents, not bothered, though preferably not black country. I like him to be appropriate and not really vulgar about sexual things, and to be a total gent, but also one I can have a bit of 'banter' with. Also, he needs to not mind my strange quirks and habits.

4. Is there anything that would put you off a man? (Things that you could just not deal with such as a certain personality trait like being arrogant or a physical problem such as acne?) A big ego, a 'lad' type, smelling bad, looking scruffy i.e. unwashed hair.
Reply 19
Original post by jaredfranco
Ladies, what qualities do you look for in a guy?

Such as:

Such as:
a. Is there a particular eye colour that you prefer on men? not really, hazel/green/brown normally though
b. Is there a certain height that you like on guys? taller than me (I'm 5ft 6")
c. Is there any particular body type that you find attractive on men? (Fat, thin, muscular, lean with only some muscles etc.) lean ish but with good defined muscles and a bit of a six pack
d. What hair colour and hair style do you like guys to have? (Long, short, shaggy, neat and tidy etc.) usually short ish, I don't care about the colour but I like guys who have their natural colour hair :smile:
e. Are there any particular facial features that you think look nice on men? (Long noise, big lips, nice smile, good teeth etc.) it depends on the guy, but I like a strong jaw and eyes that you can get lost in. a nice smile helps too
f. Do you like any piercings or tattoos guys? not a fan of piercings but some tattoos can look great - they're better if they have a meaning behing them though
g. Do you like any facial hair on guys? I only really like clean shaven or minimal stubble
h. What do you think of body hair? And hair down below? (Natural, trimmed or waxed?) not a fan of chest/back hair, for legs and arms it doesn't matter, down below= normally natural
i. Do you like guys who wear glasses? don't mind, depends what the face is like behind the glasses
j. Is there a certain race that you are attracted to? not especially
k. Any thing extra that you can think of you think look physically good on guys? not really, your questionnaire is pretty extensive

2. Style (Clothes, shoes and accessories that you've noticed look good on guys. Is there also any particular brand that you think looks good? Such as Vans, Converse etc.) I like a guy to be well dressed, smart casual normally. Dark blue twister jeans look great on guys :smile: best shops imo for guys clothes are soul cal, crafted, all saints, topman, burton etc.

3. Personality (The most important one. What personal qualities do you look for in a man? Are there certain interests that you want them to have? Do you want them to have a specific religion? Do you like any particular accents?) a guy has got to have confidence, to stand me they've got to be easy going and have a dry sarcastic sense of humour like me, I don't care about religion or accents much, although irish,australian and southern england accents are very nice :smile:

4. Is there anything that would put you off a man? (Things that you could just not deal with such as a certain personality trait like being arrogant or a physical problem such as acne?) I can't stand guys who think they are god's gift to women, but on the other hand I also find guys who are really needy to be a turn off

This is for my survey of the 'perfect man'. No such thing really exists but if you could create one then please tell me the specification that you would pick. Just tell me what your dream man would be like particularly with the 4 points that I have written above. Could you please also write it in the numbered format like the one above to make it more clear :smile:

IMPORTANT!
1. Your age 18 and a half (nearly)
2. If you're in full/part time education (Please specify what type of education you are in, such as University or Studying A Levels etc.) or if you're NOT doing full/part time education (If so please state what you are doing at the moment, such as working or seeking employment etc.) studying undergrad Medicine at the University of Oxford
3. Your Race caucasian
4. Your Nationality british

Thank you for helping :smile:
done :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending