Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've had a search for people asking similiar things, but couldn't see any.
    I want to apply for Ba geography at Edinburgh, but I'm a bit unsure because of how competitive it is (I've read something like 75% of applicants get rejected?). I don't know how geography compares to other courses in terms of competitiveness, but basically I just want to know if my gcse results will disadvantage me, I've heard that Edinburgh take them quite seriously.
    Results
    GCSE:3a*, 4a, 3b, d (graphics, so shouldn't matter too much I hope)
    AS
    Geography 192/200 A
    Economics 198/200 A
    Biology 267/300 A
    (those 3 were the highest in my year group)
    Chemistry 223/300 B (spent practical smashing lots of expensive glassware...)

If anyone is, or has been, in a similiar position then any advice you have would be great, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    All of Edinburgh's courses are very competitive, and they've been that way for a while now. There are two geography courses - the BSc and the MA course. For the BSc course, 10.2% of applicants got an offer. For the MA course, 15.6% got an offer.

You have strong AS levels, and good GCSEs. The requirements for both straight geography courses are in the region of AAA - ABB at A level, preferably with geography.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 30, 2011
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.