Turn on thread page Beta

Need a good gym in liverpool for strength training watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Anyone know of a good gym to go to in liverpool prefereably city centre or in garston area( thats where I live)?

Basically I'm looking for somewhere I can do squats with a power/squat rack, Bench or Bench Rack with barbells and area to perform Deadlifts. Im following the stronglifts 5x5 programme if anyone is familiar with it, going for strength training so I dont have much use the array of other gym machines in most places.

If anyone could recommend a place with right equipment it would be much appreciated.

Options iv kinda scoped out from research are:
    "The Gym Group" in Liverpool One
    Pros: Clean and tidy, lots of equipment, big chain so it should know how to be a good gym
    Cons: May get very busy, filled with people taking up equipment or non serious people/teens sitting around half assing/looking at people (annoys me), might not have the the equipment I want amongst the other stuff I have no use for

Bodypower Gym
    Pros:Most probably has the exact equipment for my activity and goals
    Cons: Google mapped it and from street view looks very dingy with bars on the outside and not a very nice building, could be filled with unsavoury people.

Overall I know that I shouldnt care about the people or the atmosphere too much as long I can get in there and do my workout. Has anyone had any experience with these gyms before and could give me some input?

ReputationRep:
    I don't live in Liverpool but this question's come up before elsewhere. Pretty sure the consensus is that if you want a hardcore gym it's either Bodypower or Gym 21.

website for gym 21:
    http://www.gym21.co.uk/

don't think Bodypower has a website but as I say I've read good things about it elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    Insane HIIT is a quality intense session of a Saturday Morning (11-12) at Mushin Martial Arts Acadamy!

Only a 5er a session too! Or 30 a month and u can do their bootcamp tuesday nights too!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.