Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Pa-PARA-PARUMPAHHH!

That was a trumpet.

This is a thread gilded in the most glistening of lining, red carpet unfurled, paparazzi everywhere. For in this thread, we put forth what we believe to be the OFFICIAL SINGLE GREATEST FOOD IN THE WORLD!

Here's how it works. If you want to make a new nomination, post your OFFICIAL GREATEST FOOD IN THE WORLD and give a brief statement why. SELL IT, people! If your food has already been mentioned, simply "Like" or "Rep" the original post.

So if you think... Tiramisu... is the best food in the entire universe, transcending time forever, and it's not been posted yet, post it in bold, with a picture, and tell us why you think it should be given the title. If someone else has already done this, just click on the ol' thumbs up!

After we've reached a point where the nominees are drying up, we'll simply count the votes and DECLARE A WINNER!

So, here we go... the greatest of all titles is about to be declared. What will be...

THE OFFICIAL SINGLE GREATEST FOOD IN THE WORLD?

ReputationRep:
    Drum roll please...

CADBURY GIANT CHOCOLATE BUTTONS

:adore:

Nothing upon NOTHING will ever come close to knocking these bad boys off my food wall of fame (yes, yes I do have a food wall of fame).

I love everything about them. Their size, shape, taste, meltability, colour, smell, texture...

They fit perfectly all snug on my tongue where they can melt slowly... my favorite way of eating one (they must NEVER be eaten more than one at a time) is to place it in the middle of my tongue and crush it up against the roof of my mouth whilst sucking at the same time, then lick the little morsel of heaven into oblivion...

:elefant:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Sausages.

ReputationRep:
    Buttered Toast!!!

ReputationRep:
    bacon without question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaelhaych)
    Buttered Toast!!!

...Is that a wallet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by najinaji)
    ...Is that a wallet?
    yes.

...I didn't realise that. I thought it looked a bit fake

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Pizza :mario:

ReputationRep:
    It has to be a medium-rare steak.

I do believe this contest has be won.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't count if you don't put in any effort into your suggestions, people. WHERE ARE THE PICS? THE REASONS?

WHERE IS THE LOVE?!

ReputationRep:
    My nomination is the gorgeous, the beautiful, the unbelievable...

FISH FINGER SANDWICH.

Breaded minced fish. Hunks of soft bread. COMBINED. With Tartare or Ketchup, with a cheese slice or salad, with Colmann's Mustard or bacon... NO combination can diminish the delicious tasty nature of the mighty fish finger sandwich. A textural marvel, the soft bread yields to your teeth as you break the crunchy breading, then mushy fish centre, and take that first blissful bite of pescetarian perfection....

VOTE FISH FINGER SANDWICH!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliluvschoc)
    It has to be a medium-rare steak.

I do believe this contest has be won.
    This has been the best so far. I do believe we can do better though.

ReputationRep:
    Nobody else has any other contenders? Or does everyone simply think Buttons, Steak, Pizza, Fish Finger Sandwiches and Steak Bakes to be the greatest food ever conceived? Let's hear it, people!

ReputationRep:
    Greek Yoghurt, with a drizzling of Honey and Walnuts

The smooth, sweet honey cutting through the tangy, rich yoghurt. The soft crunch in the walnuts, adding an earthy tone to the dairy comfort. Bliss.

If that is not enough of a reason for it being the single greatest food in the world then here is some of it's amazing nutritional benefits;

• Walnuts and Greek yoghurt both being high in protein.
    • Honey aids the absorption of calcium found in the yoghurt.
    • Walnuts are one of the richest sources of Omega-3.
    • Honey helps immunise against local pollens if you suffer from hay fever.
    • Greek yoghurt is full of probiotics, helping good gut bacteria.
    • Walnuts have twice the antioxidant levels of other nuts, and the specific antioxidants are four times as powerful.
    • Walnuts are high in magnesium, copper and tryptophan (for the happy neurotransmitter, Serotonin!)
    • Honey is an anti-bacterial. It can help battle all those little ills!

Need I go on?

It's perfect for breakfast, lunch, dinner or even dessert!

ReputationRep:
    Irish Stew.

Just look at this fine mix of lamb, carrots, onions, potatoes and parsely, it leads to the ultimate meal, an uber-nutritional and healthy dinner - don't you just love how the potatoes and veg are tender - it's scoffable, perfect for cold winter days, what's more a stew can easily be prepared and reheated for the next day, and day after....so it's got the Convenience factor, which is always a good thing.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 30, 2011
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.