Turn on thread page Beta

I'm 20 and I've been single for a couple of weeks now, I've just moved to a new town on placement and have been really enjoying it, made a new friendship group etc.

I slept with a guy off my course in 'freshers week' , but him and his female flatmate are now proper good friends with my house. I thought he was totally not my type, but after being paired up together for a task I've found I really quite like him. Last night we went on a night out and I had plans to make a move, but I got quite drunk and he said something which lead me to believe that he didn't like me. I figured hey I'm single now, don't get hung up, so I pulled another guy instead. This other guy was very much my 'type', professional, slightly older, a 'nice' guy and ginger :P but this morning I just felt a bit weird and when I saw guy number one in a lecture later I felt some regret, and thought even though he isn't what I'd normally go for, I like him.

Then my housemate showed guy number one a message I'd sent when drunk saying I wanted him but thought he was repulsed by me. Oh dear.

I have no idea if my stupid antics last night will have changed his feelings toward me, not that I knew if he liked me anyway. He sits close to me and teases me and when we're on nights out sometimes he holds my hand.

I could text ginger, and see if that could be a goer, though I was very drunk and keep getting cringey flashbacks. I could go after my coursemate. Or shall I just let it all lie and have some fun?

I don't have great self esteem and I'm not very confident unless I've had a drink though.

(Incidentally I know I'm going to have some '****' comments. I've not been single since my GCSE's and my coursemate was my first ever one night stand, so bog off judging me)

ReputationRep:
    It just seems that you're a bit blinded by the lights and the choice at the moment I know (I KNOW) it's hard to do, but I'd just let it lie for a few days, even though that might seem like the longest time in the world. That way you'll seem like a really laid-back person and won't seem clingy, worrying or attention seeking; and most importantly, you'll be on the right side of the fine line between '****' and 'player'.

How to do it? I always try and think of the 'bigger picture'. try and get perspective. Just think that in the year there are 365 days; that's a HELL of a lot, and when you look back on this, you want to make sure that a few impulsive actions didn't get you a reputation that lasted for a few years.

ReputationRep:
    mistakes happen. be honest and open with guy number one. basically thats all you can do. Dont play guys it never works out.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 29, 2011
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.