Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering how other girls keep their legs hair free for long periods of time because I can't? I have really sensitive skin and have spots everytime I wax and epilate, don't even mention shaving. So I have to wait for the hair to grow long before I wax, when I get a boyfriend, will a guy mind this? Because I really can't do anything about it.
    Any tips girls???

ReputationRep:
    I used to bleed/get spots from it too, but after the first few waxes, my skin got used to having hair ripped from the follicle. Now the hair grows back thinner and I only have to wax them every three weeks.

When they are in that 'in between' stage (stubbly), I wear tights.

ReputationRep:
    I've been waxing for two years though

ReputationRep:
    After you've waxed or epilated, rub on some baby oil (preferably with aloe vera extract to soothe the skin) - I guarantee it will make a big difference! Make sure you moisturise regularly too, dry legs are much more sensitive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bumblebee17)
    I was wondering how other girls keep their legs hair free for long periods of time because I can't? I have really sensitive skin and have spots everytime I wax and epilate, don't even mention shaving. So I have to wait for the hair to grow long before I wax, when I get a boyfriend, will a guy mind this? Because I really can't do anything about it.
    Any tips girls???
    I dont mind it...as long as you are my chick.

ReputationRep:
    Can you wax ear lobes?

Honestly, I am totally serious here, it's becoming a problem for me. They are ridiculous, the downy hair on them catches the light in such an obvious manner, it's become rather embaressing. Do yougirls have any tips? I shaved them once, but I don't want stubbly ears, I imagine that would incite even more comments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steevee)
    Can you wax ear lobes?

Honestly, I am totally serious here, it's becoming a problem for me. They are ridiculous, the downy hair on them catches the light in such an obvious manner, it's become rather embaressing. Do yougirls have any tips? I shaved them once, but I don't want stubbly ears, I imagine that would incite even more comments.
    Are you an old man?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pochi_X)
    Are you an old man?
    No. If I was this wouldn't be a problem, I'd happily bare my hairy lobes along with nasal hair, ear hair and so on. It's almost requisite of the elderly, even the women. But as a 17 year old, well it's rather unbecoming.

ReputationRep:
    I used Nair hair removal cream , it is meant for sensitive skin and works great for me. Waxing makes my hair longer and thicker, or maybe it is just me :s:

ReputationRep:
    No. If I was this wouldn't be a problem, I'd happily bare my hairy lobes along with nasal hair, ear hair and so on. It's almost requisite of the elderly, even the women. But as a 17 year old, well it's rather unbecoming.
    Your only option is waxing it as if waxing armpits.

There's laser treatments, not sure if they do for that, going to cost you much and god knows about the side effects of such treatment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pochi_X)
    Your only option is waxing it as if waxing armpits.

There's laser treatments, not sure if they do for that, going to cost you much and god knows about the side effects of such treatment.
    Cheers for the help.

Now how to get waxing equiptement without seeming weird? Might have to steal some supplies from the GF

ReputationRep:
    So I have to wait for the hair to grow long before I wax, when I get a boyfriend, will a guy mind this? Because I really can't do anything about it.
    Any tips girls???
    Hell yes, I would. Muff fluff is the only acceptable body hair on women. There was an Italian girl I used to fancy until she came in to class one day without a long-sleeved shirt on (which she had always worn previously) and her arms looked like they belonged on a black bear - I literally gagged and couldn't look at her again without feeling slightly nauseous. Leg hair is even worse.

ReputationRep:
    just dress differently in the inbetween growth stage, legs don't always have to be out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Einheri)
    Hell yes, I would. Muff fluff is the only acceptable body hair on women.
    Some may say too much. :beard:

ReputationRep:
    Cheers for the help.

Now how to get waxing equiptement without seeming weird? Might have to steal some supplies from the GF
    Be wary that ear skin is slimmer and more sensitive than say arms and legs skin, you need to do it carefully.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoulfulBoy)
    I dont mind it...as long as you are my chick.
    Thanks for the vote of confidence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Au_xoxo)
    After you've waxed or epilated, rub on some baby oil (preferably with aloe vera extract to soothe the skin) - I guarantee it will make a big difference! Make sure you moisturise regularly too, dry legs are much more sensitive.
    Thanks for the advice, I will try it, I scrub three times a week then put body cream on after whcih kind of helps - eurgh why can't things be simple?!!!

ReputationRep:
    I get really bad razor burn, my legs are super sensitive but I have to say I would NEVER have hairy legs when a boyfriend is around. I just feel very self conscious about it and unsexy. Noone likes women with hairy legs, do they? At least, I personally do not think women look good with any hair below their head.

Shaving every day isn't necessary ofc, it depends on your hair growth though, mine is pretty bad due to hormone problems so I do know your pain... Make sure you never use a blunt razor, and using mens after shave palm is actually very helpful and soothing - just get an unscented one. Nivea have a good one.

ReputationRep:
    It's a lot easier if you just don't bother.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the vote of confidence
    Love you!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.