The Student Room Group

Implant Bandages

How long after the implant can you remove the bandages I got it today but need to shower can i shower with the bandages on?

Scroll to see replies

I got told 4 days, and not to get them wet.
I was told to leave the bandage on for 24 hours and the little plaster that's underneath for 48 hours. You can't shower with the bandage but the plasters fine I think, probably have to change it afterwards though :smile:

Wouldn't recommend taking the bandage off today unless you want a big bruise!
I took my bandage off about six hours afterwards, just couldn't stand it a minute longer. Did bruise though. So, if you don't mind the bruise, you can take it off.
Reply 4
How long does the bruise take to go away it's sore when I move my arm in certain angles but I have a party on friday
Depends how bad the bruise is. Somewhere between 1 and 2 weeks I'd imagine
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
How long does the bruise take to go away it's sore when I move my arm in certain angles but I have a party on friday

You'll probably still have a bruise and a scab/scar where the implant went in. If you don't want to keep explaining it to everyone, maybe wear a longer sleeved top?
Reply 7
I took mine off after 12 hours without having any bruises =]
Reply 8
You should leave the bandage on for 24 hours to reduce bruising and the plaster can come off after 2 to 3 days, but if you have the implant taken out you should leave the adhesive strips and plaster on for at least 5 days.
Reply 9
Got the implant put in today does it matter if the dressing gets wet in the bath?
Original post by tia_minx
Got the implant put in today does it matter if the dressing gets wet in the bath?

Nah. I took mine off a few hours afterwards. Wish I'd taken it off sooner tbh as my bruise was in the pattern of the steri strips. Rather annoying. All it is is a small hole which isn't too different from a cut etc. I'd recommend not getting too much perfumed products etc at it just yet though so submerging it isn't wise in the bath if you're using body wash, shampoo etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Okay thank you just wasn't sure as I had forgot if I could keep it on or not, its the second time I've had the implant put in as I'd rather not risk it specially as I'm 17
I had my implant put in yesterday, should I take the bandage off today, or Saturday!!??
Reply 13
Generally you can remove it after a few days, but I removed mine a month later as the bruise was REALLY bad for me. (And took 2 months to heal) Just don't move your arm too much, it will be sore and don't get the bandages wet.
I took it off yesterday and my arm isn't that sore as much as it did when I had the bandages on
I had my implant put in yesterday but my bandage and plaster smelt funny ando it was really itchy so i have taken them off today is that normal???
I just got mine removed and inserted another one today I know I'm not supposed to get it wet I accidently did and I just need to know if that's bad or what. I don't think it will do any harm but I need to know for sure. Please someone let me know... Thank you
The advice is around helping the small wound heal, just as if you'd had an injection. Splashing some water on it (as opposed to sticking it in some dirty puddle, say) isn't going to cause a problem, but if you're worried, see wherever you had it fitted.
Reply 18
A little water is fine, as long as it's clean water. Anything prolonged, like going in the bath or shower, and my doctor recommended wrapping the top of my arm in cling film for the first 2/3days.
Reply 19
I had my implant put in yesterday and just got my bandage and plaster wet in the bath and I'm just abit worried will it effect it healing if it doesn't have either a plaster or bandage on

Quick Reply

Latest