The Student Room Group

Implant Bandages

Scroll to see replies

If you're worried, see a doctor or nurse, but you can just use a little antiseptic cream and a new plaster.
My bandage came off but my band-aid is still on. Am I ok?
Reply 22
Original post by Scorpio95
My bandage came off but my band-aid is still on. Am I ok?

You're fine. It's just a wound which means that you should cover it up to avoid infection. But it doesn't take long to heal up. If the bandaid drops too. It's best to put a new one on for the first couple of days
I just got my implant in today. It’s already bruising and it hurts to move it. I haven’t taken a shower since yesterday night but I need to take one. Am I allowed to get it wet? If not, how do I prevent from doing so? I also have a pool party tomorrow at my house. Should I just cancel it and plan it for another day? Or should I just sit out and watch, making sure I don’t get it wet?
Reply 24
What did your nurse tell you?

I couldn't get mine wet for 3 days so if you've had similar advice I'd guess the pool party is either gonna have to be rescheduled or you're gonna have to be scared and protect it with your life.

If you really need a shower get a bath or wash over the sink to avoid getting the arm wet :smile:
Reply 25
So can anyone tell me how ur arm is post to look when the white strips are off I still have the little hole healing it’s scabbing up but I panicked and put two bandaids in Bc I scared it’s gonna fall out btw it’s been 5 days of having the white strips on
I took mine off after about 30 minutes because my doctor didn't tell me to leave the wrap on for any amount of time. I've only had the implant in for about a week and it's so uncomfortable... itchy and painful when I move certain ways. I need advice cause my doctor hasn't gotten back to me yet.

Quick Reply

Latest