Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I sent my passport to get renewed at the start of August as it was expired, 2 months early so that it will be back in time for uni enrolment.

Turns out the passport service people checked my passport and said it was issued by error (their mistake) even though this is my 3rd passport they realise now! So basically it's a huge complication and it will take up to 2 months to sort out with the home office.

The really annoying thing is they kept saying it's delayed etc. until last week where they revealed the actual problem. So they didn't even give me enough time to have a back up plan for uni.

I don't have any other form of photo ID and I've only been granted 'temporary registration' at uni (KCL). I'm not on the register list or anything and lectures have started.

They said I have until 17th Oct to complete my enrolment but now I don't know what to do as the passport will take months to come. As soon as I found out about this problem I applied for a provisional drivers license (saturday) in the hope that it will be accepted as a photo ID but I'm honestly not sure.

I did show them my birth certificate (I'm born in England, UK) and they scanned it but they need a valid photo ID and I don't have anything!

Would really appreciate some advice as I'm panicking now, can they refuse me entry if I don't show any ID?

ReputationRep:
    Provisional should be absolutely fine, they come quite quickly as well.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.