Turn on thread page Beta

In year11 I had loads of friends and got along with everyone but then I was made to go to a college I didn't want to go to and I was the only one from my school who was going there. The college was from yr7 to yr13 so everyone knew each other which made it pretty ****ing hard to make friends...
    I made friends in my classes and stuff but now I'm in yr13 almost all of my friends have either changed classes, dropped out of college or dropped the course. I have no one to talk to in class and am feeling really ****ty atm :'(

I have to do really good this year to get into the Uni I want but I feel this will put me off.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really sorry to hear that. Felt like that myself at times in my life. Do you take part in any clubs or hobbies at the moment?

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm quite shy and can find it hard making new friends too. But if you really do want to be friends with people at college then you are going to have to make more of an effort even if you don't feel that comfortable talking to strangers. Just try and start a conversation with a couple of people, once you get talking it will become easier and you will find people who you have things in common with. Good luck.

I actually have no friends either. Anyone who I was ever close with I have pushed away. Although, there are a few (or 1) who text me every now and again regardless of my rude behavior. I suffer from social anxiety though.

All I can say to you is that branch out of your comfort zone! Honestly, friends make such a difference in life! But, please, please make an effort! You will regret it!

ReputationRep:
    I don't have any either.

ReputationRep:
    The majority of people at uni are alone, but you'll meet many people and forge friendships.

ReputationRep:
    Well to be honest I do not have many friends either! The difference is that it doesn't bother me at all. I am not fond on many people in my sixth form and I would rather focus on achieving good grades and being accepted into a good university. Then I hope I will be able to make decent friends as I will be surrounded by nice, like-minded people. You just have to think positively and it becomes easier.

ReputationRep:
    I have no friends aswell

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 1, 2011
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.