The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Post office delivery service

Hi guys. My parents have sent me a package (quite huge - 20kg) and I can see (through DPD tracking system) that it has been delivered yesterday. I still haven't got it though...I assume that it might be it the post office, but question is - is there any service provided to take that package directly to my accommodation (living in Telford court)?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by tombalev
Hi guys. My parents have sent me a package (quite huge - 20kg) and I can see (through DPD tracking system) that it has been delivered yesterday. I still haven't got it though...I assume that it might be it the post office, but question is - is there any service provided to take that package directly to my accommodation (living in Telford court)?

As long as your parents used the right address it will be delivered to the post office on campus. You will be notified (they'll put a note through the letter box) when the post office has the package and then you need to come and collect it (you must bring your university ID!). I would say, have a look at the post office to see if they got any parcels for you tomorrow if you don't get any note through the letterbox :smile:
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Ive been sent a few packages and they have all gone to the post room no problem but I wasn't notfied and I am also living in telford court so I would just go to the post room to see if it's there. I dont think you can get packages sent straight to your door though.
I got a royal mail note saying I have to pick up my package from theie local delivery office since it needed to be signed for.
Does the university not sign for your stuff?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by xlizx
Ive been sent a few packages and they have all gone to the post room no problem but I wasn't notfied and I am also living in telford court so I would just go to the post room to see if it's there. I dont think you can get packages sent straight to your door though.

Perhaps it's because they are just really busy this year :/ You SHOULD get notified but well obviously that hasn't happened ^^

Original post by Jade Empress
I got a royal mail note saying I have to pick up my package from theie local delivery office since it needed to be signed for.
Does the university not sign for your stuff?

In my experience, the university does sign for stuff but again, no clue why they didn't.. :/
Reply 5
I'm still kinda worried how could I get this package to my flat from the post office...it's too big and too heavy to take it in hands. It would be nice if they could put it in a van a bring it to my accommodation
I'm still kinda worried how could I get this package to my flat from the post office...it's too big and too heavy to take it in hands. It would be nice if they could put it in a van a bring it to my accommodation

It's only 20kg, put your back into it :')

Split the contents of the box into two lots, and get someone to help you?
Reply 7

the post office is a 60 second walk from Telford court..:tongue:
Reply 8
It will be good if they notify us, I've been walking to the post room few times already to check if I receive bank letter D:
Reply 9
Original post by bellameow
It will be good if they notify us, I've been walking to the post room few times already to check if I receive bank letter D:

Are you waiting for a letter FROM the bank or FOR the bank (to open a bank account)?
Reply 10
Got my packages (yes, two)... if they are too big as mine was, they provide you a trolley so no problem :smile:
Reply 11
Got my packages (yes, two)... if they are too big as mine was, they provide you a trolley so no problem :smile:

that's great! :biggrin:
Reply 12
Original post by Pop_tart
Are you waiting for a letter FROM the bank or FOR the bank (to open a bank account)?

From the bank. Already open one already.
Reply 13
Original post by Pop_tart
the post office is a 60 second walk from Telford court..:tongue:

Sorry to hijack the thread, but where is the post office? I'm staying in Telford Court... and a map would be very helpful, I'll get hopelessly lost on directions alone :P
Reply 14
Original post by Aryil
Sorry to hijack the thread, but where is the post office? I'm staying in Telford Court... and a map would be very helpful, I'll get hopelessly lost on directions alone :P

I had a look and it's not actually shown on the map for some reason :/ the best way to explain really is that it is right behind the accommodation office. If you ask whee it is in the accommodation office they might let you go through the office :tongue:
where do you get mail on de hav?
Reply 16
Original post by Jade Empress
where do you get mail on de hav?

You get all your general mail in your mail box. Each flat has one at the entrance. All parcels get delivered to the accommodation office. Again, you should receive a note telling you when you can pick up your parcel! :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by xxveranxx
What's the deal with letters to Telford? I've been expecting one for a while now but nothing's come through the door ): Do I have to go pick it up from somewhere? I assumed that since there's a letter box on the door that post would be delivered :s-smilie:

XD Spamming! na just kidding :tongue: maybe it's lost in the post or one of your flat mates took up all the post and its somewhere in the kitchen?
Reply 18
Hi, does anyone know how flowers get delivered? Do they get stuck at the post office too? Don't want flowers to be left there for too long. Waiting for a note from the post office would take quite awhile i guess. Thanks for your help!
Reply 19
Original post by justoneqn
Hi, does anyone know how flowers get delivered? Do they get stuck at the post office too? Don't want flowers to be left there for too long. Waiting for a note from the post office would take quite awhile i guess. Thanks for your help!

if you go to the post office/accommodation office and say you got flowers delivered I'm sure they'd be willing to make an except. It usually takes longer because they need to be sorted out but obviously with flowers they can't leave them there for too long.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending