Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i pee alot when i lie down at night. but only when i am lying down?

is this normal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashley69)
    i pee alot when i lie down at night. but only when i am lying down?

is this normal?
    If it's normal for you, then yes. If it's just started recently, then there might be something up.

Easy answer: if you're worried, go to the doctor.

ReputationRep:
    You should probably get up to go to the toilet.

ReputationRep:
    This happens to me around 3am every night!
    I always have to get up from a wonderful sleep to go pee. It's annoying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    This happens to me around 3am every night!
    I always have to get up from a wonderful sleep to go pee. It's annoying.
    See a doctor?

OP should as well.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely see a doctor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    See a doctor?

OP should as well.
    no

ReputationRep:
    See a doctor?

OP should as well.
    Why should she? Just because it's different to your routine doesn't mean there's anything wrong with her.

ReputationRep:
    Stop drinking anything 3 hours before going to bed, if it still happens, then the next night stop 4 hours, and so on. If you have to get to 5 hours then there is something really wrong... Obviously don't dehydrate yourself, I'm not a professional but this does make logical sense to me!

ReputationRep:
    Strenghten your urethra by delaying going to the toilet for awhile when you need to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    Why should she? Just because it's different to your routine doesn't mean there's anything wrong with her.
    Well if it's annoying her and is regular, despite what she does to try and stop it, then how does she know nothing is wrong?

ReputationRep:
    Well if it's annoying her and is regular, despite what she does to try and stop it, then how does she know nothing is wrong?
    Oh, so because she finds it annoying, it's now a problem? Our bodies have their own rhythms. If hers happens to include the annoying factor of waking up at 3am every night to pee, that's just her rhythm. These things only should only be a cause for worry if they are recent or painful. If it's been going on for a long time and there're no other issues, it's nothing.

Let's not make a mountain out of a girl peeing every night at 3am, just because it's an inconvenience.

ReputationRep:
    Have you been sexually active lately OP?

What does your vagina look like?

(Original post by Elwyn)
    You should probably get up to go to the toilet.
    And that's the doctor talking. :awesome:

:rolleyes:

(Original post by Hylean)
    If it causes distress or discomfort...... why not? It could be something anyway?

ReputationRep:
    take a look at this please.
    (Original post by Helenia)
    x

ReputationRep:
    Women pee alot for the reasons i do not know.

ReputationRep:
    i smell possible diabetes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agent Smirnoff)
    If it causes distress or discomfort...... why not? It could be something anyway?
    Because, it's really only a problem if it's a recent development.

Waking up at 3am every night doesn't really count as distress or discomfort, it's just an inconvenience.

Seriously, if there was anything else, I'd say go to the doctor, but peeing regularly is a good thing, not a bad thing. When I ask my brother, a doctor, and my mum, a gynephysio, about bowel issues, they say the same thing: if it's recent and doesn't change, see a doctor. If it's a normal part of your body's rhythm and it causes no discomfort or pain, then it's normal for you.

ReputationRep:
    Get a free diabetes check. A lot of pharmacies offer them for free. Go in in the morning and don't have anything for breakfast. Ask for a test.
    It takes a few minutes and gives you peace of mind.

If you come out clear, then nothing really is seriously wrong.

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to post a video of Mac from Always Sunny saying 'diabitis', or whatever.

I can't find one.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I had the same problem it can be nervousness or something else, see a doctor.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 30, 2011
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.