The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PinkMobilePhone
though you are somewhat irritating, ok then, what the hell. First picture is me aged 25. Second picture is me aged 27. Though I'm not exactly wow material in either, I can't really think that there's any doubt that my before photo is worse than my after photo. Thus your "women always look better when they're younger" theory is a load of tosh.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/217678_10100162559972289_197812287_54511723_3347603_n.jpg

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/284784_10100249243492819_197812287_56012265_4862987_n.jpg

I might just throw my two cents in here if you don't mind. Well PinkMobilePhone, you're just one example so far to be fair and for all you know you're just an exception to a general trend. It doesn't necessarily mean that Lovehunter's theory is a load of tosh.

But still, 1-0 to you. You go, girl!
Original post by An Aspiring Guy
I might just throw my two cents in here if you don't mind. Well PinkMobilePhone, you're just one example so far to be fair and for all you know you're just an exception to a general trend. It doesn't necessarily mean that Lovehunter's theory is a load of tosh.

But still, 1-0 to you. You go, girl!

fair enough.

and thanks.
Reply 82
Original post by Lovehunter
Anyway, not to hate on older women, I don't want this thread to sound that way. Let's keep it on topic.

I didn't make life this way, so don't flame me. Blame God, blame mother nature, but the fact is men age better than women, end of.

Out of interest, what is the topic - or point - of this thread? Yes, age tends to be less kind to women because men tend to consider looks more important whereas women tend to be more attracted to confidence and status. But why make a thread about it? I'm guessing it's just to troll, but seems a bit pointless, as you're not asking any question or trying to start a debate (or if you are, you've been secretive about what you mean to debate).
Reply 83
As a guy gets older, his market value increases.

As a girl ages, her market value decreases, and often fairly rapidly.

A woman's market value is at her highest between the ages of 16 and 25 (possibly up to 30 if she really takes care of herself and is lucky). During this age range, women are at their most attractive to men. They can rely on their looks and 'sexiness' to attract guys (and, often, manipulate men for their own gain).

As a women reaches 30 and beyond, her market value rapidly decreases and she becomes less attractive to men. Once she reaches the menopause, she's finished and no man wants her any more.

Contrast this with how men age and what ageing means to a man's market value....

A young guy in his late teens or 20s is not yet at his most attractive to women. He is still seen as a 'boy' and not a man yet.

As a man gets towards 30, his market value rapidly increases. He starts to look more manly in his appearance, and he starts to act more manly in his personality because he is maturing. Often, he has more career and financial success too. All these traits increase his market value and therefore his attractiveness towards women.

A guy in his 30s, 40s and 50s and sometimes even older can still be massively attractive to women and date women who are much, much younger than himself. But a woman in her 30s, 40s, 50s and over is going to find attracting a man much harder work.

See, women have the power when they're younger, but after 30 the power balance shifts rapidly and a women loses her seductive power, whereas a man GAINS his power.

There is a saying, 'Men age like fine wine, women age like milk'. It's so true!

This is why younger guys at uni find it hard to get laid, and the girls that age have tons of guys after them. The guys haven't yet reached their most attractive, and the girls are at their most attractive.

So yeah, this isn't a woman hating thread, it's just making people aware of the truth about age vs attractiveness.

To the girls here, do you worry about being over 25 or 30 and losing your 'seductive power'?

Market value?
Reply 84
Note to Self: If I am over 40 and single, remember to lie and tell women I am an age that is below 32. They will instantly find you more attractive.
Well, as you claimed you are 'better looking now than in your early 20s', the burden of proof is upon you to provide proof of these claims. Most married women, though, tend to let themselves go after getting married, especially after they've had kids, so it's unusual for a woman to look better with age in those circumstances and scenarios.

Christ, your mother must be fekkin hideous!!

(bring on those warning points!!)
Hi there, I know this post is very old but I really wanted to reply.
A lot of the time women are attracted to older men because of their money and status. Not because they look better. Women are also heavilly attracted to youthful looking men. Beleive me. You sound a little bitter and angry, to assume than when women reach a certain age they are no longer attractive, and that all men get more attractive with age, either you need to get out more, or you just hate women. You sound incredibly naive, sorry to say. You are talking from a perspective of a heterosexual woman, when i'm assuming you are a straight man.
Women are not attracted physically to older men, rather the maturity, money and security that comes alone with it. There are also plenty of men who are attracted to older women for the exact same reasons. Not eveything in life is about how many wrinkles you have. You really do sound lonely. I hope your opinions have changed 6 years later.
men age like wine. Women age like milk.
No men I can think of age like wine, I can think of so many handsome young actors who now look crazy, John travolta for example, Leonardo deceprio and brad Pitt also clearly looked far more attractive in their youth. These guys were hot, how can you say men get better with age when even the most attractive actors have clearly declined? Men age too! Men get less attractive too! Not everything is about looks, physically men and women decline at the same age. Stop being so naive
This is utter nonsense. Misogynist claptrap. Probably written by a complete neckbeard.
This is a misconception invented by desperate guys who weren't able to get any in their twenties.

If you weren't able to get girls before, you probably don't take care of yourself and your body or just awkward as :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:, it won't just magically change when you hit 30. Just like in your 20's, there are plenty of guys who do, so women will always go for those ones.
Ermm
Balding and beer bellies? I think the :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: not
Original post by Artvandelay
I agree to this, but apart from the occasional young Russian with older millionaire, the majority of women looking to marry a man in his 40s, are actually 30+. If a man is handsome, successful, wealthy, kind, the marrying type and over 40 years old, he is most likely not single, but divorced. He'll have children from a previous marriage. Most women want their own children and preferably with a man who has none from before, so his choice of women (despite having great assets) will be more those over 30: they might be attractive and all, but they were not chosen when they were younger and have maybe also given up on being someone's first wife.
The "prime" women at 25, beautiful, talented and from well off backgrounds are more likely to look for men in the same age range which they meet when doing their master's degrees etc.
Of course there are a lot of men at 40+ with, younger, attractive women but despite a pretty face, they are usually not the type of women most intelligent men are looking for. I know a lot of guys of that type and their younger women are from Russia, Poland, Lithuania etc., and are basically looking for an employed, wealthy man and that's it.
Remember that although men needs to be of a certain age to have accumulated a fortune, there is more wealth spread among sons of rich families and within inheritance. And if you happen to one of those guys, and handsome and charismatic as well, you're in a better place than anyone.
But YES I agree, of course, a single 40 year old man (with the good stuff) is in a much much better position than a single 40 year old woman (even if she happens to be doing all right financially).

Hitorically i think this is true as society was more set in its wsys in terms of marriage but these days if a 40 odd year old women had a good body was decent looking with no baggage/didnt want kids and was doing well for herself she'd be as good of a catch as a single man her age in terms of having a relationship. Even more so in terms of getting sex as she'd have the young guys, men her age and older who might find her attractive.
Troll alert.
Original post by Friffinghell
This is utter nonsense. Misogynist claptrap. Probably written by a complete neckbeard.

Some will back up the view with biology ie men are naturally more attracted to young fertile women but biology doesnt state women are attracted to much older men, just resources. It would make sense for women to be attracted to high testosterone ie younger men. If you look around at society most people do form relationships with those in their own age group.
Have you seen J lo ?
Original post by indigofox
Some will back up the view with biology ie men are naturally more attracted to young fertile women but biology doesnt state women are attracted to much older men, just resources. It would make sense for women to be attracted to high testosterone ie younger men. If you look around at society most people do form relationships with those in their own age group.

The fact that the average age of first pregnancy (currently 27 I believe in the Uk) and age of marriage (34 for women in 2013 in England) are getting pushed back further and further would dispute this as well.

If people aren't marrying or making babies till they're older that would suggest that their peak attractiveness was later than their early 20's. (Given that they're clearly either getting laid or proposed to in their mid to late 20s - 30's)
obvs not all, but it really just depends on if that person takes care of themselves
Original post by bumblebee145
Hi there, I know this post is very old but I really wanted to reply.
A lot of the time women are attracted to older men because of their money and status. Not because they look better. Women are also heavilly attracted to youthful looking men. Beleive me. You sound a little bitter and angry, to assume than when women reach a certain age they are no longer attractive, and that all men get more attractive with age, either you need to get out more, or you just hate women. You sound incredibly naive, sorry to say. You are talking from a perspective of a heterosexual woman, when i'm assuming you are a straight man.
Women are not attracted physically to older men, rather the maturity, money and security that comes alone with it. There are also plenty of men who are attracted to older women for the exact same reasons. Not eveything in life is about how many wrinkles you have. You really do sound lonely. I hope your opinions have changed 6 years later.
The OP probably isn't even a member here any more :rolleyes:
Reply 99
Original post by Friffinghell

he kinda has a point y'know

http://www.elle.com/life-love/sex-relationships/news/a15492/women-like-men-their-age-men-only-like-20-year-olds-mc/

the stats originate from Okcupid

http://ell.h-cdn.co/assets/cm/15/01/54a798c431afb_-_nrm_1410470492-mens-age-versus-women2.jpg

I did see some other statistics a few years ago which showed a womans market value is highest at age 20, and then slowly declines, before really accelerating after 30

and a man market value peaks at about age 28, and then slowly declines

by market value I mean the percentage of the population who will typically consider/be receptive to that individual as a possible partner

I would agree with the stats tbh, If you are female and 23+ you've probably already reached your peak in terms of beauty ..and definitely already reached your peak in terms of market value

Latest

Trending

Trending