Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So be honest. Are we good? And if so are we good enough to have a genuine future?
    These are only covers but there are original songs recorded.

http://www.youtube.com/user/IAmLorenzoMatterhorn

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    anyone?

ReputationRep:
    I'm a tad judgmental regarding this as bad sound quality irks me a little, however, I was pleasantly surprised for sure, especially by your acoustic 'Wish You Were Here' Pink Floyd cover; I really enjoyed it. Invest in some better recording equipment and keep on keeping on is my advice.

ReputationRep:
    You can sing, but your voice isn't very distinctive, kinda generic.

ReputationRep:
    2 guys with a guitar and a microphone.

Been done before a million times.

ReputationRep:
    Erm, voice is pretty decent, it's not exactly anything different though. The start of the Pink Floyd cover, your guitars sounded dreadfully out of time, although they got a lot better. The problem is, you have to offer something special, like be able to write songs.

ReputationRep:
    I think you're quite good! Except there needs to be something that makes you a bit unique & stand out more.....

ReputationRep:
    I'll be honest. It's a Pink Floyd cover.. you couldn't screw it up, not like it takes great musicianship to play this stuff. Unsure of what you want as a reply; it was fine for what it was, but nothing close to special, err yeah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Belizibub)
    I'll be honest. It's a Pink Floyd cover.. you couldn't screw it up, not like it takes great musicianship to play this stuff. Unsure of what you want as a reply; it was fine for what it was, but nothing close to special, err yeah.
    What you just said is stupid mate. To play a Pink Floyd song AND to do it justice is hard work, seeing as they are easily one of the most infamous bands in musical history, and to say it doesn't take great "musicianship", well go talk to David Gilmour about that.

Anywhoo, on topic... I thought the intro to Wish you were here was good, the lead guitarist however has to work on the timing of the solo, and It's so hard to judge vocals without proper equipment, try get some decent kit (as hard as that is) the vocals are good they just need something to jump out for anyone looking to sign you. They want to think "****, we've just found someone we need."

All the best!

ReputationRep:
    I think you are good! Bad sound quality though, I would get some decent equipment if you can, so you can get more comments/likes on youtube

If you have the time, please check out my thread x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benstead)
    anyone?
    Really enjoyed it! Didn't enjoy the hat so much though... sorry

(Original post by Hannahismee)
    You can sing, but your voice isn't very distinctive, kinda generic.
    I liked your YouTube videos I subed

ReputationRep:
    Ummm... I just didn't feel it. Did you forget the lyrics at some point?
    Kinda seemed like your were bored doing it lol

Just put a bit more life into it! Sing it properly!

Apart from that, it was quite good

ReputationRep:
    your definately good, i dont know if youll be successful though, but i think you should pursue music anyway

ReputationRep:
    You mess up now and then, but it was quite good. Your voice is nice though and quite relaxing.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    There's potential for sure, but I wouldn't be going out and buying your CD tomorrow.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.