Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yo,

Basically, I was thinking about applying for Uni' 2012; however, my grades are as follows:

English Language A2: C
    Business Studies A2: C
    Spanish AS: B
    History AS: C

My question: Would any Uni's accept me with these grades? I've been out of college for a year or two now, so 'carrying on' my AS subjects isn't an option. I've already contacted a number of unis in relation to AS Levels, and all have said they do not accept AS Levels, which is obviously frustrating!

Does anybody know of any Unis which accept AS Levels alongside A2? I'd want to study something along the lines of Marketing/Business with perhaps Spanish too, is this feasible?

Thanks for any replies!

ReputationRep:
    67 views and no reply?

Come on, somebody must be in the same position as me! Or am I in the wrong forum...

ReputationRep:
    Hey, dont worry your not in the wrong forum!

Yes there will be unis that will accept you im assuming, however with only two C grade A2 levels its going to be hard.

Perhaps consider the following options,

- finding a foundation course before the degree
    - looking to do a third year of college (if possible)
    - doing work experience to beef up a personal statement so that the Uni can see you have clearly got the brains to work within the chosen field.

Also you will need to face the reality that you are probably not going to get into a great University, you will need to be seeking courses out that have low entry requirements around 220 UCAS points and ones that accept just 2 A Levels.

Also it may be hard to get a place on a course that offers a joint honors so maybe think about whether it would be more likely to secure a place on a course with just one of the two.

Try looking at De - Montford, i know they do alot of low UCAS courses and also have alot of clearing spaces on their courses.

Hope this helped and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fruitcake_OX)
    Hey, dont worry your not in the wrong forum!

Yes there will be unis that will accept you im assuming, however with only two C grade A2 levels its going to be hard.

Perhaps consider the following options,

- finding a foundation course before the degree
    - looking to do a third year of college (if possible)
    - doing work experience to beef up a personal statement so that the Uni can see you have clearly got the brains to work within the chosen field.

Also you will need to face the reality that you are probably not going to get into a great University, you will need to be seeking courses out that have low entry requirements around 220 UCAS points and ones that accept just 2 A Levels.

Also it may be hard to get a place on a course that offers a joint honors so maybe think about whether it would be more likely to secure a place on a course with just one of the two.

Try looking at De - Montford, i know they do alot of low UCAS courses and also have alot of clearing spaces on their courses.

Hope this helped and good luck!
    Good advice on here.
    Also you could consider a foundation degree, google around for more info on those.

ReputationRep:
    Some universities will let you have 2 AS in lieu of an A2 - which is good, so you could basically enter yourself with CCC/BCC depending on what the UMS was. Look at university entry requirements or email and ask, it is definitely a possibility!
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Cheers for the responses!

First of all, I've already done a third year at college and have been out of college for a year now. In that time I have done a lot with myself, which will hopefully help 'beef up' my personal statement!

I'll take a look into doing a Foundation Degree, I hadn't even considered this so thanks! Also, I understand I'm not going to get into a great University, although some average Universities have said they'll accept two AS Levels in lieu of one A2, which is awesome news. Furthermore, some Universities have said they accept both A2 and AS together which is also good news!

Anyway, cheers for the info guys!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.