Turn on thread page Beta

Why is she messing around? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    From this thread:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...480&highlight=

Hey all I posted a question here a few days ago about a girl who I have on Facebook but have never met but wanted to meet.
    I was given advice on here and I did ask her to meet.

I asked her out for coffee and she said something like "Yeah sure! but I'm busy this week I have doctors appointments and sorting things out, but maybe soon, I'll let you know!"

'I'll let you know' - the most dreaded words a guy can hear!

So anyway yeah so this now like 5 days later and I was just talking to her and about meeting and that and she says "i don't usually meet people off Facebook..."

Now I'm not being funny but why say the first thing and then say that?..just a typical girl it seems

And just now I said to her that "to be honest I Haven't even spoke to you on the phone yet, how about I give you a call tomorrow?"

and she replies "i'm a little too ill for phone calls at the moment lol"

so any advice people or should I just stop talking to her as she is obviously messing around like most london girls do?

ReputationRep:
    Who give a ****? Move on, she is not interested, move on.

You are becoming needy, cut it off, move on

ReputationRep:
    She is just messing you around. Most girls do i have never met who will just say no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ortegas)
    Who give a ****? Move on, she is not interested, move on.

You are becoming needy, cut it off, move on
    I'm trying to play it cool but i have been single for 4 years and enough is enough in my eyes...maybe i do come across like that sometimes but what can i do, im just a genuine guy who wants to meet girls not from my area as they are all timewasters as well.

ReputationRep:
    She was letting you down gently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dominic...)
    She was letting you down gently.
    I kind of get that.

I mean when i asked to go for coffee she did seem interested in meeting by what she said, saying things like "maybe soon though " and "I'll let you know asap "
    and i then gave her my number and she texted me hers....i mean if you wasnt interested would she give me her number?

And yesterday she says "the thing is i dont usually meet people off facebook..."

So why seem interested and saying practically yes and giving me her number for her then to say that she doiesnt meet people off facebook ...she could of at least been straight with me at first.

Im sorry but the way i see is she didnt say no and she gave me her number so it is confusing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TranceEnergy1989)
    I kind of get that.

I mean when i asked to go for coffee she did seem interested in meeting by what she said, saying things like "maybe soon though " and "I'll let you know asap "
    and i then gave her my number and she texted me hers....i mean if you wasnt interested would she give me her number?

And yesterday she says "the thing is i dont usually meet people off facebook..."

So why seem interested and saying practically yes and giving me her number for her then to say that she doiesnt meet people off facebook ...she could of at least been straight with me at first.

Im sorry but the way i see is she didnt say no and she gave me her number so it is confusing.
    I understand, mate. Sometimes people will over think things like that, though; there's still the whole stigma about meeting people off the internet and all that afterall.

I've met plenty of people from messageboards or Facebook/Twitter in person, but it's usually been when we're both going to the same gig or the same football match. Have you got anything like that in common?

ReputationRep:
    From this thread:

Hey all I posted a question here a few days ago about a girl who I have on Facebook but have never met but wanted to meet.

I asked her out for coffee and she said something like "Yeah sure! but I'm busy this week I have doctors appointments and sorting things out, but maybe soon, I'll let you know!"

So anyway yeah so this now like 5 days later and I was just talking to her and about meeting and that and she says "i don't usually meet people off Facebook..."

Now I'm not being funny but why say the first thing and then say that?..just a typical girl it seems

And just now I said to her that "to be honest I Haven't even spoke to you on the phone yet, how about I give you a call tomorrow?"

so any advice people or should I just stop talking to her as she is obviously messing around like most london girls do?
    She's not 'messing around'. You're just another random guy off facebook who won't leave her alone and she doesn't know how to get rid of you.

Don't be an internet stalker man. You're better than that. Go out there and meet REAL people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zamolxes)
    She's not 'messing around'. You're just another random guy off facebook who won't leave her alone and she doesn't know how to get rid of you.

Don't be an internet stalker man. You're better than that. Go out there and meet REAL people.
    Just because you met on facebook doesnt mean you are automatically a freak or a pervert or whatever...kind of annoying that people always put you in that bracket just beacuse you met online, besides i think i got talking to her off of a site years ago as she has been on my facebook since 2008 so im not exactly a proper stranger so to speak.

I mean its basically the same as me walking up to her randomly in the street and chatting to her..except she knows more aboutme because of my facebook profile so it is actually safer, you can tell im not a fake by looking at it.

Yes i admit i would much rather meet someone in person but this girl is something else in terms of her personality, i mean for one she replies to my messages even when i think she has forgot about them where as most girls will not, she does not use bad grammar or talk like or completely mental like any typical girl around here.

I think it would be a shame that we do not meet up just because we got talking online..it's an outdated way of thinking, its practically a normal way of meeting these days.

ReputationRep:
    Just because you met on facebook doesnt mean you are automatically a freak or a pervert or whatever...kind of annoying that people always put you in that bracket just beacuse you met online, besides i think i got talking to her off of a site years ago as she has been on my facebook since 2008 so im not exactly a proper stranger so to speak.

I mean its basically the same as me walking up to her randomly in the street and chatting to her..except she knows more aboutme because of my facebook profile so it is actually safer, you can tell im not a fake by looking at it.

Yes i admit i would much rather meet someone in person but this girl is something else in terms of her personality, i mean for one she replies to my messages even when i think she has forgot about them where as most girls will not, she does not use bad grammar or talk like or completely mental like any typical girl around here.

I think it would be a shame that we do not meet up just because we got talking online..it's an outdated way of thinking, its practically a normal way of meeting these days.
    I get what you're saying, but I've been down that road before. To her you're just an online persona, she doesn't know you.

Some girls aren't like that and they'll meet you...and maybe she will too, I can't say, I'm not yoda.

What I was saying is...she's not messing around...she just views you as a stranger and she's turning you down gently. It happens...concentrate your efforts elsewhere. You bug her too much about this and you'll become "that annoying guy that always messages me when he sees me online".

ReputationRep:
    sorry to say man but move on

ReputationRep:
    Why did she even bother adding on you facebook then?

ReputationRep:
    From this thread:

I'm not going to give you any advice, because I like that there are so many deluded fools like yourself in the world. It makes things easier for me.

****. That's probably advice in its self.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by concubine)
    I'm not going to give you any advice, because I like that there are so many deluded fools like yourself in the world. It makes things easier for me.

****. That's probably advice in its self.
    Interesting, how am i deluded? im just a straight forward person, i like when things are simple...meeting up should not be a big ordeal, she may be thinking she doesnt know me or whatever but that opinion is never going to change unless she meets me, the quicker she does then the better it is, if she meets me and doesnt like me then fine i can handle that.

ReputationRep:
    She doesn't want to meet you, stop hounding her! She has no obligation to meet you, "if she meets me and doesnt like me then fine i can handle that." are you saying you can't handle the idea that she just doesn't want to meet you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pauline_lg)
    She doesn't want to meet you, stop hounding her! She has no obligation to meet you, "if she meets me and doesnt like me then fine i can handle that." are you saying you can't handle the idea that she just doesn't want to meet you?
    Im not hounding her at all i have like mentioned it twice and mainly quite subtle about it as well.
    No she has no obligation to meet me but what i get the feeling of is that she thinks im a good guy..hence she gave me her mobile number for a start.
    The only thing stopping her it seems like is the fact we are talking on facebook and have never met, which i think would be a shame that we never met up just because we got talking online instead of the street..whats teh big difference? she knows more about me from my facebook profile than she could ever do from a random street meet.

ReputationRep:
    God damn it, don't you understand that if you're needy, no girls will fall on your laps
    Find other girls, you sound so desperate. Gosh, just push forward. 4 years of being single should teach you a fact that if you don't get your arse out there and go chatting with girls constantly, you have none but ugly chicks (both in physical appearance and in the soul).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ortegas)
    God damn it, don't you understand that if you're needy, no girls will fall on your laps
    Find other girls, you sound so desperate. Gosh, just push forward. 4 years of being single should teach you a fact that if you don't get your arse out there and go chatting with girls constantly, you have none but ugly chicks (both in physical appearance and in the soul).
    Believe me i left the whole 'online' thing in the past...or so i hoped, this is the first girl i have tried to meet from the internet in years.
    The problem is ever since i have stopped going after online girls i have had nothing, no meet ups, no kisses, no anything.
    I do like meeting girls in person much better but the problem that always arises is that i am always seen as a friend, nothing more and nothing less...every single girl i meet in person its the same thing...friend only.
    Usually i meet women that my mates introduce me to from work on nights out...i hope that at least one of them will like me in some way but they never ever do.

I have no idea why, i wouldnt say im really ugly or anything, i wear glasses and a little chubby on the belly area but i wouldnt say fat...so what im getting at is i would much rather meet women in person but for the past few years nothing has ever happened from it, so it seems back online i go....as much as i dont want to...but at least then i was getting things now and then instead of not at all.

ReputationRep:
    What's your problem? She's not interested and she feels awkward and is wanting to be polite rather than saying 'No of course I won't meet you because I have no interest in doing so and anyway I like some other guy.' Or whatever. There's no inscrutable girlie mystery here or some weird-assed female logic that a TSR member can explain. Girls will sometimes give you their number because they think it is polite, or because they feel they have to or feel pressured that they should. It means totally nothing. My gf showed me a number on her phone that she put on her SIM two years ago. The guy was in her phone memory as 'Some Random Loser'. She'd been pestered for her number in a club, given it when the guy whipped out his own phone to test it, and put him in her phone accordingly and ignored his texts for two days until he got the message.

Leave her alone and give yourself a break by not thinking about her and moving on.

ReputationRep:
    She's not interested.
    She wants casual facebook flirting and nothing else.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 7, 2011
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.