Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm not really into drinking or clubbing and have been very ill this week (Freshers Week) so haven't really made any friends and am finding it very difficult and hard and pretty much feel like I want to leave. I'm going home this weekend to get better and then coming back on Monday for a fresh start. How do you make friends without drinking or clubbing? There must be some people who feel the same way as me, I just don't know how or where to find them. Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Just join as many clubs or societies as you possibly can!

ReputationRep:
    Go to your SU on freshers fair or the activities fair and sign up to plenty of societies. There's loads of random ones usually.

My uni even has a mario kart racing one! ha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Analbeauty)
    I'm not really into drinking or clubbing and have been very ill this week (Freshers Week) so haven't really made any friends and am finding it very difficult and hard and pretty much feel like I want to leave. I'm going home this weekend to get better and then coming back on Monday for a fresh start. How do you make friends without drinking or clubbing? There must be some people who feel the same way as me, I just don't know how or where to find them. Any ideas?
    What do you do when everyone else goes out "drinking and clubbing"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    What do you do when everyone else goes out "drinking and clubbing"?
    Her username says it all.

ReputationRep:
    I generally went and ended up making friends with others who also didn't want to be there. We always went off in our own corner of the club So yeah ironically going clubbing is a great way to meet people who don't like clubbing as they are also dragged into it and tend to gravitate towards others who are not looking like they are having such a good time either (you)

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they are dazzled by your 'anal beauty' :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snufkin_)
    Go to your SU on freshers fair or the activities fair and sign up to plenty of societies. There's loads of random ones usually.

My uni even has a mario kart racing one! ha!
    That sounds so good!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Hakz*)
    Her username says it all.
    I find it hard to believe she is struggling for friends in that case.

ReputationRep:
    Ask people if they want to do other things like go to the cinema or out for lunch.

ReputationRep:
    Talk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    I find it hard to believe she is struggling for friends in that case.
    Hahaha you're absolutely right. Sorry I have nothing useful to contribute to this thread as my freshers week start on sunday

ReputationRep:
    societies; just say you don't drink (person in my flat played drnking games with water)

ReputationRep:
    How many threads are there going to be like this?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Just go to day time events and sign up to societies. You'll also meet people on your course and in halls. Maybe there's someone else hiding away in your halls feeling lonely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by damidude)
    How many threads are there going to be like this?
    About a million more :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Eat a baby and sacrifice a goat to the divine entity Alak'Mir and your friends will arrive in 3-5 working days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Analbeauty)
    I'm not really into drinking or clubbing
    I wouldn't have ever guessed that based on your name and pic!

ReputationRep:
    Clubbing = Mixed restroom.

ReputationRep:
    Be Confident!

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.