Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Iv just started my undergrads at Sutton Bonington.
    Its awesome, I love the campus and im having a blast, but the internet is killing me.

It has these weird "black out" sessions where https (any secure site) just refuses to work for hours on end.

While it may seem like its not a big deal the sites that I use that are secure are things like Facebook, Youtube, Gmail, Twitter and most importantly my Online Banking.

Not to mention any site that you have to login to (the login page will not load)

Most of my flat mates are having this problem, and I had it when staying in Lincon Halls as well.

After mailing the help crew, they replied to delete cookies, restart, and a bunch of generic fixes that never work.

Has anyone found a solution to this? It is very very annoying and any help would be appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I think "they" are having bigger issues affecting the whole uni at the moment. Given the effort they put in last year to sort things out I doubt that this is going unnoticed and that someone is working on it.

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm also at SB as well, and I can't believe I found someone else with the exact same problem. Facebook, Youtube, Skype does not work for me most of the times as well. All my flatmates internet seems to be absolutely fine, and could access anything.... I also emailed the SNS helpline a few days ago but no response so far..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by envsci83)
    Yes, I think "they" are having bigger issues affecting the whole uni at the moment. Given the effort they put in last year to sort things out I doubt that this is going unnoticed and that someone is working on it.
    Can you guys access the intranet portal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rottenspiel)
    Can you guys access the intranet portal?
    Yeah I could, its only ones that were listed that I could not access.

ReputationRep:
    When I spoke to the SB Guild the other week they raised this as a problem. I will speak to IS (Information Services - library + computers/internet people) about it this week and see what's up. I agree it's not good enough!

ReputationRep:
    There is an intermittent problem when accessing some secure sites (so basically anything off campus that requires a login).

I've been told that the problem affects people randomly but a fix should be in by the end of the week.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Lenton and Wortley. I've only just got my internet working today (been a nightmare), and what I have got is very slow. A lot of timeouts.

ReputationRep:
    http://comms.nottingham.ac.uk/sns/20...cess-to-https/

ReputationRep:
    I seriously hope this gets fixed soon, its a huge pain.

I gave them a call and said their running tests etc (look at the post above)
    and to call back in a week if its not fixed.

:\

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.