Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    a few days ago we had a 2 census exams i AS chemistry to see if we should carry on

i got an E and U
    i am not really sure if i should carry on, it has only been 3 weeks though since we started
    one of the teachers already said i can carry on as the calculation part i got right, just not explanations. I think i got mind blank or not enough revision as all my book work is great, homeworks full marks

do you think i should carrry on with it or just give up now

ReputationRep:
    I'd say carry on if you feel that you're good enough to do better... I recall taking a similar sort of test about 2 months into AS physics - and I got a U, 8/24. Ended up getting an A at AS and A2.

ReputationRep:
    I remember getting a U or an E every time I had a mock, mainly because I couldnt be bothered. About 4 weeks before each exam I would cram like made and guess what I ended up with, 3 A's. Its up to you how much you want it. In each A level i retook 5 out of 6 exams for each subject. Its a lot of work but people dont look at that, they just look at the 3 end grades. So just work harder!

ReputationRep:
    i would just carry on, no one is expecting you to do brilliantly after a couple of weeks of AS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lewislons)
    I remember getting a U or an E every time I had a mock, mainly because I couldnt be bothered. About 4 weeks before each exam I would cram like made and guess what I ended up with, 3 A's. Its up to you how much you want it. In each A level i retook 5 out of 6 exams for each subject. Its a lot of work but people dont look at that, they just look at the 3 end grades. So just work harder!
    i think i could do better, i think i should keep at it if you can do better i 4 weeks no reason i can't get a good grade in a few months

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyTownshend)
    i think i could do better, i think i should keep at it if you can do better i 4 weeks no reason i can't get a good grade in a few months
    It was about 8 hours a day, I used to scive college because I found the teachers rubbish or just lacked concentration. Anyway they moan at you a hell of a lot, but when they do just make a bet with them and your classmates if they dont believe in you. You have no idea how more committed it will make you when theres money at stake

ReputationRep:
    Also there is no point if you read what I tell you and then dont work hard. My social life went on hold for 4 weeks, and by the end of it your head hurts and your just up in your dingy old bedroom going over the same stuff. But the end result is well worth it

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 30, 2011

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.